Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: carbon transfert print - platinum palladium print

Re: carbon transfert print - platinum palladium print

Now I want learn how do it, I have a lot of things to learn : develpment by ispection and the carbon transfert print.
    And I need a 8x10 camera with lens ecc ecc... well I need 10.000 dollars.

If somebody have to sell a 8x10 camera is welcome, or if you know some shop where I can buy it rather than ebay...

Can you suggest some books where explain in a very detailed way how do the carbon transfert prints?

Some workshop in San Francisco or near the city?

I occasionally give carbon workshops in Hayward (East SF Bay Area). No dates at this time. I'll generally post on this forum when I do.

Vaughn

You don't need an 8x10 camera, but it certainly helps especially if you want to work mainly with film. You would need to learn how to use the 8x10 first. I've made nice carbon transfer prints with medium format and even my crappy dslr by way of a digital negative. I appreciate the control a digital negative can have, but a bitch to learn and work with. Film just seems to be friendlier.
    Sandy King's book is excellent, but I'm not sure if it is still in print. Bostick & Sullivan has a free downloadable pdf.
    Vaughn and Jim are in CA if you are looking for a workshop. It is possible to teach yourself the process though. I did.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmpTgDlsr3o

Join Sandy's carbon transfer yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/C...tions/topics/1

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    I occasionally give carbon workshops in Hayward (East SF Bay Area). No dates at this time. I'll generally post on this forum when I do.

Vaughn
    Well, I know Hayward, I should come back in California for the end of december-start of january.
    Do you have a web site for check the news?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    You don't need an 8x10 camera, but it certainly helps especially if you want to work mainly with film. You would need to learn how to use the 8x10 first. I've made nice carbon transfer prints with medium format and even my crappy dslr by way of a digital negative. I appreciate the control a digital negative can have, but a bitch to learn and work with. Film just seems to be friendlier.
    Sandy King's book is excellent, but I'm not sure if it is still in print. Bostick & Sullivan has a free downloadable pdf.
    Vaughn and Jim are in CA if you are looking for a workshop. It is possible to teach yourself the process though. I did.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmpTgDlsr3o

Join Sandy's carbon transfer yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/C...tions/topics/1

Andrew
    thank you Andrew.
    I prefer start directly with a 8x10 camera because I have always used just the b/w film and I think with the experience is possible get better result with a analogic negative.

Your video his great!

Well printing with a film negative is much easier (and at times looks better) than a digital negative... but I'm glad I have either option. Good luck Indio!