Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disable Tapatalk popups

Re: Disable Tapatalk popups

To all who have been having this trouble: Is your iOS device set for Private Browsing? On my iPhone with iOS6, it's a setting adjacent to "Accept Cookies". When set, it will not record history or cookies. On iOS7, it's apparently a button on the above left corner of the keyboard in Safari, when typing in a URL.

Please take a look and report here.

Rick "thanks" Denney

Rick,
    Yes. Definitely. I always choose the settings/preferences such that the most restrictive (workable) policy with regard to acceptance of cookies is in effect. So, yeah, private browsing, do not accept cookies from third parties, clear all browser history and cookies every time I close the browser, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    Rick,
    Yes. Definitely. I always choose the settings/preferences such that the most restrictive (workable) policy with regard to acceptance of cookies is in effect. So, yeah, private browsing, do not accept cookies from third parties, clear all browser history and cookies every time I close the browser, etc...
    In that case, you will get all the stuff that goes to first-time viewers, including the Tapatalk popup (assuming the switch we threw last week doesn't do what we thought it would do). We have enough Tapatalk users, though, that removing that support is not an option. So, unless Tom has a trick up his sleeve that he is comfortable supporting, I'm not sure we can solve the problem.

Rick "this forum requires the use of cookies to support all features" Denney

I have cookies enabled, but blocked for third party and advertisers. I'm no longer seeing the popup on my iPad. It's seems to still be there on my iPhone, but that's not actually so bad since I find the forum unusable on the iphone anyway. So I installed Tapatalk there and will try it out. Thanks for all the work on this Rick. You've already put way more effort into what I thought would be a simple flipping of a bit than I ever intended.

Tom made a revision to the templates. Those who continue to have a problem try it again and post results here.

Rick "hoping we fixed it" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    Tom made a revision to the templates. Those who continue to have a problem try it again and post results here.

Rick "hoping we fixed it" Denney
    told ya so.

Seriously, thank you for your work for the rest of us.