Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Deardorff SC11 is getting new bellows. Which wood for new bellows frames?

Re: A Deardorff SC11 is getting new bellows. Which wood for new bellows frames?

Well, I got some screws. Nice ones. Spax, designed in Germany, made in USA, yellow zinc # 6 x 5/8" the correct size, better, stronger and cheaper than brass.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-Full new bellows web-002.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	110004

Ace Hardware also has a selection of specialty screws.

Tim
    www.ScottPhoto.co

Thanks Tim, I found some good screws. Spax, see below.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottPhotoCo View Post
    Ace Hardware also has a selection of specialty screws.

Tim
    www.ScottPhoto.co

Wow, great job on bellows and their frames !
    For screws/bolts/washers of any size, I had good experiences with boltdepot.com as well.

I second Ace Hardware, Tacoma Screw is excellent too as is McMaster Carr. I walked into an Ace Hardware store that recently opened and found that they have more items than HD or Lowes. I like McMaster Carr though because I care a lot about who and where all the materials are made. Poorly made screws from inferior metals and indifferent manufacturing just is not worth the effort. You know what I am talking about if you ever had a screw break off. McMaster Carr carries the correct tools also.

And to close this thread. Not DIY, but custom made Ritter 11x14 Bail back and his holders to exactly match 'T' just arrived.

Very high quality.

I just installed my DIY 11x14 GG in the back and I am really enjoying the view available on a big GG.

The Deardorff SC11 project is complete. A renewed camera, Bi-Post and accessories. Shooting commences this weekend.

BTW, several of these cameras are for sale on eBay for give away prices. These will never be made again by anyone.