Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: any users around of longer Ernemann Ernostar lenses?

Re: any users around of longer Ernemann Ernostar lenses?

Quote Originally Posted by jbognacki View Post
    Thanks for the images, links, and info. Anyone interested in selling their copy?
    Carl Zeiss Jena Ernostar 1.8/24cm just sold on an auction for 7800€ + 20% auction fee. I just didn't have enough money to go for it, although this is probably the Nº1 lens I am dreaming about.

From some discussion & reading I have done it seems these lenses were used in observatories for astro-graphies.

Best,
    Milos

Quote Originally Posted by Misko View Post
    Carl Zeiss Jena Ernostar 1.8/24cm just sold on an auction for 7800€ + 20% auction fee. I just didn't have enough money to go for it, although this is probably the Nº1 lens I am dreaming about.

From some discussion & reading I have done it seems these lenses were used in observatories for astro-graphies.

Best,
    Milos
    If you don't mind, which auction had that sale? Price of course is expensive, but considering how much
    popularity there is for speed lenses not surprising considering how rare a 240mm f1.8 is. Knowing how large
    my 165 is, I assume the only reflex camera the 240 would work on would be a 5x7 Home Portrait Graflex.

Probably the Westlicht auction yeserday. IT may be easier to access through the bidding website Live auctioners.

Quote Originally Posted by jkay777 View Post
    If you don't mind, which auction had that sale?
    Hello
    It was Westlicht or something like that. I was standing away from it being afraid I could bid on it and I am not really in great situation to do it currently since I need to upgrade one of my Phase one lenses & buy 35mm lens for it too extra... And these bring money no matter how much I drool over Ernostars.

And true - Home portrait would be a perfect match for such lens!! I have one of them waiting for a dedicated lens

Do we know by now who has purchased the lens and if the lens was tested?
    I would love to see some examples shot with it.
    Best
    Milos

Here I am, raising this topic from the dead...
    Hope you don't mind guys?

I was just checking Ernemann's Anastigmats & all I can find are:

1) (our beloved) Ernostar (f1.8, f2.0, f2.7)

2) Ernotar (usually f4.5)

3) Ernon (f3.3 - f3.5)

4) Ernar (predating Ernostar for few years but obviously was more a "brand name" than a lens design defined by name) and then (f6.3 & f6.8)

5) Doppel Anastigmat called "Vilar" which seems to come from same years like Ernar and can be equally slow (f6.8)

We all know that Erneman & later Zeiss made projection Ernostars which were available in a few focal lengths but all I found are shorter ones up to 125mm or so. Then on the other hand there are Ernemann Anastigmats without any "brand name" which are also projection lenses without aperture and all but come in longer focal lengths while still keeping the speed of an Ernsotar.
    So I wonder from your experience & knowledge - would a company like Ernemann make such lenses based on their best lens (Ernostar) and omit the name & aperture but keep the identical formula?
    Last edited by Misko; 2-Oct-2017 at 21:04.