Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted: 18 phtographers for the 2014 LF folio exchange. PLEASE READ BEFORE RESPONDING

Wanted: 18 phtographers for the 2014 LF folio exchange. PLEASE READ BEFORE RESPONDING

Wanted - 18 photographers for the 2014 Folio Exchange - You must send me a personal message - please.

I am announcing this a little earlier than in years past so everyone has just a bit more time to get going on this. This will be the fourth one and it is something I hope to continue.

PLEASE READ IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE SIGNING UP.

1. Paper size is 11x14. The image should have at least one inch of border surrounding it. (An 8x10 size works nicely, but as long as there is a one inch border, no problem.)

2. Photos can be digital or analog.

3. Color or black and white - vertical or horizontal.

4. Photos should either be signed on the front, or have a title on the front. This is so when I put the folios together and write up the info sheet, it is easier to follow along if the title or photographer's name is on the front. However, this certainly is not a deal breaker. (Please do not sign using ball point pen.) Also, no mounted photos.

5. Included with your 18 prints (assuming 18 participants) should be a short bio, info about the photo including technical info, where it was taken, title, camera/lens used, etc.. I will go into more detail on this at a later time. I only need one sheet with this info.

6. All photos need to be shipped to me in Wisconsin. Please make sure they are very well packaged with some padding around the prints. Do not just stick them in an envelope and mail.

7. You will get billed for shipping plus $5 to help defray the cost of the folio and shipping and other printing supplies. I hope that is acceptable to everyone. I take care of putting everything together. I think the past participants have been very happy with the results.

8. Almost forgot, the subject matter - the subject matter will be titled Rust and Relics. So this can include anything rusty, old wood, cars, buildings etc. I would like to make this folio more about man made objects as opposed to natural objects. I would also like to keep human figures out of the equation, in other words, no old weathered faces.

I can't think of anything else at the moment. I am getting ready to head back east to visit my 87 year old mother from about Dec. 1 through Dec. 27 but I will be checking my email and this forum. So, please PM me and fill up the places. I'll be checking my email as I travel. Photos will need to be delivered to me by March 1. I think I have covered everything for now. But if you have any questions, please ask.

Just a quick note - this is certainly open to participants outside the US. Please be aware that return shipping is expensive - upwards of $50 and more for our overseas participants.

Thanks, Jim Becia

Re: Wanted: 18 phtographers for the 2014 LF folio exchange. PLEASE READ BEFORE RESPON

Pm sent!!! Rust and Relics is a great topic, this should be fun.

Roger

Re: Wanted: 18 phtographers for the 2014 LF folio exchange. PLEASE READ BEFORE RESPON

PM Sent - I'm in! And ditto Roger's comment on the topic, great idea!

I'm going to really have to resist taking a photo of my LF camera or myself for this exchange. Actually have an image in mind, but I'm also going to the Maritime Radio Historical Society's transmitting station at Bolinas, Ca, so maybe I'll come up with something new.

For anyone who hasn't participated, Jim does a first class job on these exchanges.

Roger

I'm in, I will have sorted out all my outstanding projects by then. Pm on way.

I'm in. Pm on the way, too.

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

I'm in!! PM on the way also.

Thomas

OK,

Names are starting to come in. Here is the start of the list for 2014:

Jim Becia
    Roger Thoms
    Mike Sherck
    Cletus
    B.S.Kumar
    Ed Bray
    mathieu Bauwens
    tgtaylor

Names are coming in. Here is the updated list for 2014:

Jim Becia
    Roger Thoms
    Mike Sherck
    Cletus
    B.S.Kumar
    Ed Bray
    mathieu Bauwens
    tgtaylor
    Rick Russell
    biedron
    adelorenzo
    Michael Graves

We already have 12 names and are 2/3 of of the way there. Thanks.

With this theme I couldn't pass this one up!