Thread: Kentmere fineprint VC FB

Kentmere fineprint VC FB

Hi,,is Kentmere Fineprint VC FB getting scarce?I noticed that B and H has discontinued it,but still see it on other sites.Al so is Kentmere a Illford product? Just wondering ,,thanks for your input.

Re: Kentmere fineprint VC FB

Ilford discontinued it. Get it while you can.

Oh no,I was afraid of that as I use it exclusively for my current project for consistency.It works great for the subject matter im working with right now.Looks like i better fill up my freezer.
    Vinny,,,do you have any more details of the discontinuation?
    Thanks
    Shannon

B&h still has 12x16 the last i checked and it was the same prices as 11x14. Freestyle has it too (as of last week).

Thanks for the information.Just ordered 4 boxes,that should do it for this project any way.
    Thanks again
    Shannon

In the middle of last summer Ilford was saying the distributor still had stock. Hopefully your retailer will know to try to order it from them.
    I bought five boxes of 16x20 to finish my projects. They are in the freezer now in hopes what I don't use this winter-spring will last a while. We have a lot of freeze space.

Ilford just announced a new cold tone version of Multigrade IV yesterday probably as a replacement for Kentmere Fineprint. see http://www.ilfordphoto.com/pressroom/article.asp?n=174

I wish they had just put the kentmere vc fb in an ilford box, kept it at the same price ($60 for 50 sheets of 11x14), kept selling it to me. no r&d needed. I'll bet the new stuff is 2x that.

$ 60.00 ? wow i paid $93.00 and just bought 4 boxes to stock up.So whats the new stuff? Is Kentmere fine print VC FB going to be under a different name?

Al so,what paper do you find most comparable to this paper.? I should be looking for a replacement.

I do have a few boxes of Illfabrom Gallery Grade 1,2,and 3,witch is a older paper i got from a guy who has had it in his freezer (along with a lot of older paper from the 60 s and 70 s) for many years.He had it when he was teaching at our local university he is now in his 90 s.I got some 8X10 and 11X14 film from him as well. The paper still prints up just fine,but am conserving it so im on the hunt for a new "favorite"paper.