Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisner Price Increase - How Much?

Wisner Price Increase - How Much?

Wisner posted a price increase notification on their web site but has not stated how much anywhere I have found. Anyone have any details?

Cheers!

wfwhitaker

Your question seems rather academic.

Call me curious, nothing more. I hate to think that the LF camera business is lucrative enough to support anything but a very modest increase and others will potentially follow.

Michael, The price increase will be about 10% on most items. Some items like 4x10 filmholders have gone from $95- to over $200 -, I just spoke to Ron and he said the 12x20 is up from $4500- to 5000-. He will update his site prices soon. I still have a new 12x20 for sale at the old price at my site and a new 7x17 coming in a few months at the old prices if anyone is interested.His cameras are still priced lower than other wooden camera makers, just not as wide a price gap now. www.deleon-ulf.com

Michael, Looks like Ron Wisner has raised his prices again. Two times in as many weeks.The current price for a new TF 12x20 is $5500.00, up 20%. Since my replacement costs will be much more now I will have to up my prices too. Looks like the days of moderately priced wooden ULF 12x20's are over. The 7x17 only went up around 10%.

I was worried Emile that what you confirmed would be the case - a significant hit to the ULF consumer. At their old price, Wisner cameras represented good value and made it easier to deal with the consumer issues that have been dogging Ron for some time. However, when the price gets in line with other makers, the playing field gets a lot more level and do the options. Maybe a slow down in sales, which is what normally happens when a manufacturer in a niche market increases prices to this degree, will improve customer service and turn around times on repairs.

Glad that I got my 12x20 back for my 11x14 Tech Field when I did.

Cheers!

Michael, I'm sure all Wisner ULF camera owners will be happy about this as their cameras will now be worth more should they decide to sell. Only time will tell though how this will go in the long run. I have to admit that I'm wondering about this as it makes starting a business of this sort somewhat more tenuous. But I can't blame Ron for bringing his prices up closer to what the other companies are charging. Just wait though...the other ULF camera makers might just follow suit...

Just curious, but who are the other makers of ULF cameras other than Wisner?

Keith Canham, Philips, Lotus, Shen hao, Gandolfi, Ebony. They all make some if not all lines of ULF. Of course prices vary depemding on maker. You better make sure you have won the lottery if you want an Ebony ULF. Last I asked, $19,000 for a 12x20.

$19,000!!! Two years ago it was $16,000. I know the dollar is weak right now but I could get a nice brand new Japanese compact car for that! But in 10 years the car wouldn't be worth nearly as much as the camera Japanese wood/leather and metal camera makers must be more highly paid than the same in autowork ... A 2000lb car and a 25lb camera....same price...same country...Hmm...