Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Traditional Black and White / View Camera Magazine / Kerfuffle

Traditional Black and White / View Camera Magazine / Kerfuffle

After participating in this forum for a relatively short time, and having made some (albiet ineffectual and obviously lame) attempts to steer these VC diatribes into what I consider a more constructive direction, it is now clear to me that some people thrive on this kind of interaction or they would simply stop participating in it. This includes Steve of course. I think this is useless and a bad reflection on all of us. But it is clear that this will continue off and on because people need it for some obscure reason.

Let me exit with the following observation. If VC is such a lousy magazine and Steve is such an idiot who is raping the LF community to line his own pockets, why do world class photographers like John Sexton come back to VC over and over again looking for exposure and press for no compensation. The list of such luminaries who approach Steve over and over again with their latest projects are many of the most successful photographers in the business. What do they understand that so many in this forum do not.

Steve, these threads go on so long because of your continued tit-for-tat participation in them. You could simply choose not to participate.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Jorge,

Do you really think there is anyone here who has participated in this forum for more than two nanoseconds who doesn't clearly understand that you have a grudge against Simmons for rejecting an article you submitted to one of his magazines?

No, neither View Camera or Camera Arts are perfect photographic magazines. I've told Simmons exactly that in my conversations with him. But if you think you can do a better job, why don't you ante up the time and the cash and start your own magazines and put his magazines out of business.

Or if you can't or won't do that then might I suggest you redirect the energy you pour into your vendetta against him into doing some real photographic work, work that can't be ignored. Work that will make Simmons beg to have your work in his magazines.

Hey Vener, I thought we had agreed to ignore each other, what is the matter, cant you keep your word? As to the article, seems you are unable to read or comprehend english so I will just abstain from explaning it to you one more time. I have been fed up with Simmons and his arrogance way before the article incident, anybody can see that.

You post is completly nonsensical

The pot calling the kettle black, uh?...oh brother!

I have been fed up with Simmons and his arrogance way before the article incident, anybody can see that.

So start your own magazine and stop reading his.

So start your own magazine and stop reading his.

LOL, you are starting to sound like him, who told you I read his magazine? I have not bought VC in 5 years, dont plan to in the future. Look, if you want to kiss a$$, dont get me involved. There must be another meter you want to talk about......but c'mon, there has to be a better way for you to brown nose than defending him here.

BTW, what happened with ignoring my comments?

I changed my mind.

"Let peace break out and stop being so divisive and territorial."

That's a fine sentiment but frankly when you consider a message in which I praised you and your magazine as being a "cheap shot" because I didn't realize you thought your participation here was an act of generosity there is little hope of that sentiment becoming reality. I'm frankly amazed that you think your participation here is an act of generosity or that I'm supposed to be eternally grateful because you answered one question that I asked. I appreciated the answer but now I wish I had never asked the question since I'm getting beaten over the head with it. I certainly didn't think that you did something so out of the ordinary that you deserved praise for being generous - that's what we do here, we answer people's questions when we can. I doubt that many of us think we deserve praise for our generosity when we do that.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

To the LF Moderator:

Please, Please, Please cut this thread off. It has not only become vicious and repetitive, it is cluttering up our inboxes to NO useful purpose.

Thank you.