Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Can I Delete uploaded Images?

How Can I Delete uploaded Images?

Hi,

I am trying to limit and narrow the online exopsure of my images. I would like to unload or delete most of the images that I have uploaded to this site (about 44 I tink). I am visually impaired and some pages are difficult for me.

I have gone to Miscilainous and attachments and deleted items there, but when I att5empt to upload a new image, thee seems to still be 3pages of thumbnailos on file here.

What do I need to do?
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

multiplex

Re: How Can I Delete uploaded Images?

drew,

did you post them as attachments ?
    if so ..
    go to settings >> attachments
    find the attachment manager and you can delete them all from the threads

john

Still not what I need to know.

Can an administrator help with this please?

DB
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post

DB
    I think to a certain extent, posts that you make in general become permanent on here, and any attachments that you might have attached that are not linked outside of the website are permanent, I'm sure I guess if you ask an administrator they might be able to take the time to go through and delete them one by one, but it would be a tedious task. I guess as the old saying to a new model goes "if you don't want a picture out there don't pose for it", or in this case don't post it.

I really wouldn't worry about post on here anyway, the only people that can see them are members of the group, as far as I understand it Google can't see the image. And I'm sure you didn't upload large files and only uploaded small ones at least I would assume that that was the case, I know I'm very careful about only uploading small versions of images.

And you still have not provided the information others need to help.

jnanian asked a perfectly good question.
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    did you post them as attachments ?
    To help you know how to remove them we need to know how they were posted in the first place.

Were files directly uploaded from your computer?
    Were they linked from a URL?
    if they were linked from a URL was the box checked that said "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-11-15 at 3.50.29 PM.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	104671Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-11-15 at 3.50.41 PM.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	104672
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

multiplex

DB
    drew

if they are in the uploads manager, they can't be removed unless the posts you made with them
    embedded are removed as well ... as i PM'd you ...i contacted the moderator staff about this same question
    a few weeks ago ... and i think that is the gist of what i was told
    if they are hot linked through your own server, just remove/change the name in your server and it will appear as a dead link.

john

Drew, the only file upload I can find for your user ID is your own profile picture. If you didn't post the images you're talking about, then you should be able to delete them from the upload manager or they will be auto-deleted in a couple of days. If you think you did upload some image files, post a few links to the posts they are attached to and I'll look further.

OK Drew, I'm not an administrator, so this is not for you.

This seems to be a good time to remind everyone of the issue of uploading attachments to forums as opposed to providing linked references to files on other servers (i.e., your personal website, Flickr, whatever). You retain control of your images using the latter method, and deleting that nude selfie of you and your beloved Deardorff, is as simple as moving or deleting the file on your server, no administrator involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ROL View Post
    OK Drew, I'm not an administrator, so this is not for you.

This seems to be a good time to remind everyone of the issue of uploading attachments to forums as opposed to providing linked references to files on other servers (i.e., your personal website, Flickr, whatever). You retain control of your images using the latter method, and deleting that nude selfie of you and your beloved Deardorff, is as simple as moving or deleting the file on your server, no administrator involved.

ROL: Thanks for the reminder. I have come to understand this issue more fully in the past 18 months or so. I am now trying to narrow the number of websites that my images may be sourced from. So far, this effort has been partially successful. I understnd that 100% is not possible.

I would like to think that LFP would be photographer-friendly in this respect. I do not buy the software glitch reasoniong given in another reply. If I cannot remove my images from this website, I will no longer post images here.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com

Drew I didn't get an answer to this question from my previous post.
    The only file upload I can find for your user ID is your own profile picture. If you didn't post the images you're talking about, then you should be able to delete them from the upload manager or they will be auto-deleted in a couple of days. If you think you did upload some image files, reply with a few links to the posts the images are attached to and I'll look further.