Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: About filters

Re: About filters

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    Mario,

Go check with the camera stores I mentioned. At the price that you paid you probably could of saved a lot of money by just looking through their used filters and buying one of those.
    Really? So I overpaid? I thought I got a bargain.

Calumet didn't have any filters for the size I was looking for (82mm). I will check the other stores.
    --Mario

Quote Originally Posted by macandal View Post
    Really? So I overpaid? I thought I got a bargain.

Calumet didn't have any filters for the size I was looking for (82mm). I will check the other stores.
    The way to find the deals on used filters is to walk into the store and go through their junk filter bins (what is used junk to them is what you want). Calling or email could drive up the price as would internet shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    The way to find the deals on used filters is to walk into the store and go through their junk filter bins (what is used junk to them is what you want). Calling or email could drive up the price as would internet shopping.
    I did walk through the Calumet store here in SF and looked through their so-called junk. Not too much in the bargain department. Besides not finding 82mm filters, other sizes were around $25 or so. I'll try the other places. Thanks.
    --Mario

With film sometimes you just have no choice but to use certain filters behind the lens. Not matter of expense.

Digital eliminates color correction and nd grads in most situation, so for digital things are easier (well IR cut off sometimes causes unique problems...)

Quote Originally Posted by macandal View Post
    I did walk through the Calumet store here in SF and looked through their so-called junk. Not too much in the bargain department. Besides not finding 82mm filters, other sizes were around $25 or so. I'll try the other places. Thanks.
    You will be best looking in stores that have large inventories of used equipment. That is usually not a Calumet.

I got the red filter at Keeble. I got a step down (or is it up?) ring, 67 to 82, at Looking Glass. Bear Images didn't have anything. Haven't checked with Gasser.

I would have all the filters I need if the green had threads. I think I'll use tape and see how that works for the time being. However, if anyone is selling a green, let me know.
    --Mario