Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5x7 Ektar 100: Special order through Canham cameras

5x7 Ektar 100: Special order through Canham cameras

Hey all,

I've just received an email from Keith Canham regarding the start of a special order list for Kodak Ektar 100 in 5x7.

Please contact Keith if you would like to get added to the list on this co-op:
    kodakfilm@canhamcameras.com

An estimated 38 boxes will be needed to put this order into motion.
    Contact Keith regarding exact pricing, but I was quoted "assuming it'll be less than the recent order of Portra 400 5x7 which was completed @ $383/box"

thx,
    Dan

Re: 5x7 Ektar 100: Special order through Canham cameras

Thanks for the heads up. I just emailed Canham.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Stone View Post
    Hey all,

I've just received an email from Keith Canham regarding the start of a special order list for Kodak Ektar 100 in 5x7.

Please contact Keith if you would like to get added to the list on this co-op:

An estimated 38 boxes will be needed to put this order into motion.
    Contact Keith regarding exact pricing, but I was quoted "assuming it'll be less than the recent order of Portra 400 5x7 which was completed @ $383/box"

thx,
    Dan

Did this ever go anywhere?

What do you guys typically do for color 5x7 film nowadays?

I'm using 5 x 7 Fuji Provia. It's still available from Yodobashi Camera in Tokyo. I order it and get it delivered to my client's house in Japan and he brings it over when he makes a business trip, or I pick it up when I go to Tokyo. It may be going out of production soon though, if it hasn't already.

Quote Originally Posted by altec2 View Post
    Did this ever go anywhere?

What do you guys typically do for color 5x7 film nowadays?
    This special order for Ektar 100 in 5x7 is still "in the works"(but seems to have not gained steam unfortunately) according to Keith Canham.

Sad, as I hoped there would have been more 5x7 shooters interested in a FANTASTIC color emulsion, without having to resort to cutting down 8x10 film(like I've been doing thus far with my stockpile of 8x10 color film)

Soooo, if you're interested in joining the club, send Keith an e-mail and lock in a number of box(es) you're willing to buy.

cheers,
    Dan

Hey thanks. I emailed Keith and got the word. There is an ongoing list of orders for 2 types of 5x7 color films (Portra 160 and Ektar 100). I put one down for Ektar 100 but the orders have to slowly build up before he can place a bulk order. Slowly but surely and I'm in no dire need.

In fact, if someone was in dire need, i have a one inner bag (open box but haven't touched the second inner bag) of Portra 160 5x7 (25 sheets) that I could part with in the short term and then would just get on the Keith waiting list for that too.

I'm on the list for Ektar.

I still have a little more then 1 box remaining of Portra 160 that I picked up while it was still available thru retailers.

I have a couple of boxes of Fuji VELVIA 100 and PROVIA 100F and (I think) 1 box of Kodak PORTRA 160. According to JAPAN EXPOSURES (http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/f...ures_hash=V249), Fuji is no longer making VELVIA or PROVIA in 5x7.

I am on the list for Keith Canham's 5x7 EKTAR 100 order. Not a rush, but I do prefer EKTAR to PORTRA for shooting landscapes (which is what I usually shoot in 5x7).

Namaste
    Daniel

Yodobashi Camera was showing 5 x 7 Provia in stock as of a few days ago, but I think they're working off their remaining inventory because the last time I ordered they would only sell me 1 box. So of course I had a few of my friends in Japan order it for me and I think I have a total of four or five boxes now sitting at my friend's house in Tokyo in addition to the two boxes I have here. Should do me until I'm to old to carry the camera. (And yes, I have a stack of E-6 kits sitting here as well.)

TBH, cutting down 8x10 just ISN'T that hard. Even for 8x10 Ektar, it takes about 45mins(and now even less(30?) since I'm not fumbling around by feel, since I have a nightvision monocle!) to cut down 10 sheets to 5x7. Not very hard. Put on some music, down the lights and off you go.

8x10 Provia is easy to source, as is 8x10 Ektar 100, Portra 160 and Portra 400. Even the last run of 8x10 160NS is still easily sourced from Japanese sellers on ebay. Cut it down to whatever size you want to, it's just more versatile that way(heck even cutting 4x5 from 8x10!)

just my experience, since I didn't want to have to wait for enough people to cast a line in the pond to get color film in my cameras. Now if I want some more film, I buy it or remove a box from the freezer and chop it down

-Dan