Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5x7 film in Canada?

5x7 film in Canada?

Does anybody stock 5x7 B&W film in Canada? Or should I just accept mail from the US?

Thanks Nick

5x7 film in Canada?

It is probably as rare as the 8x10 i am looking for but i think i saw couple of boxes of ilford 5x7 film on the shelves of Beau Photo here in vancouver.. give them a call and talk to Serena.. she could help you..

or you can order from www.vistek.ca

5x7 film in Canada?

The Camera Store in Calgary has 5x7. Check out their phone number at www.thecamerastore.com And no I don't work for them.

Ask for Julian or Peter.

Eric
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

-Rob bigcameraworkshops.com Robert Skeoch's Avatar

5x7 film in Canada?

The short easy answer is no, but I wouldn't order in up from the States... too many taxes, duties and handling fees. I shoot 8x10 and this is what I do. Since Ilford closed the Canadian office they have a new minimal order for the store of a $1000. (If it's less than that there's a extra fee) If I want Ilford film I talk to Joan at Burlington Camera in Burlington Ontario and she combines my order with a bunch of other peoples and we get to the $1000 and all save some money. She was putting together an order earlier this week so it might be an easy time to jump in. Kodak has similar issues with their film.... you have to place a minimal order of 5 boxes of T-max 400. (50 sheet boxes also). Again I talk to Joan at Burlington Camera and she has been able to get Kodak to ship only two boxes at a time. Since the store is a large Kodak dealer she has a bit of pull and they can usually get the film in a couple of days, as long as Kodak isn't out of stock. I hope this helps, no matter which way you go, you do have to plan ahead. -Rob

5x7 film in Canada?

Would it help if a private person rather than a "business" conducted the transaction from a tax perspective. I think that this situation with minimums and handling fees and duties is really bad. Must be a way around this one.

Cheers!

5x7 film in Canada?

Treck Hall.......

http://www.treckhall.com/page.asp?intNodeID=4030&sysStr=PMCAT:intClassID-

5x7..... Ektapan, Tmax, PlusX, FP4Plus, HP5plus ...... Also 4x5 8x10 8x20 12x20 14x17

5x7 film in Canada?

messed up the link..... it is treckhall.com

5x7 film in Canada?

Eight Elm Photo in Toronto carries Forte and Bergger sheet films, and would likely stock something in 5x7 --> (416) 597-6638

5x7 film in Canada?

Thanks I've got some people to check with.

I don't mind ordering from the US but it takes awhile and I'd rather give the shipping money to the store rather then the shipping company. Right now UPS is trying to figure out which part of New York State is Canada. So I know how messed up things can get-( If Treck-hall is even close to reasonable I guess they make the most sense.

5x7 film in Canada?

I got some Ilford FP4+ 5x7 not long ago @ The Camerastore in Calgary-from Julian.