Thread: Hi from Croatia

Hi from Croatia

Hello to all,

I am graphic and web designer and I also do illustrations, paintings, wall murals...etc. but photography is my hobby, I have Canon 550d and I like using old manual lenses (russian mostly - nice bokeh) mostly with m42 mount that I can use with adapter. I am always trying to find new lens and play with them trying different things. At the moment I am entering macro world and combining old lenses with tubes, reverse rings and each other with good results (still need to try focus stacking).

Thing that brings me here is - on one of my searches for old lenses I bought two antique lenses on impulse and investigating about them and who uses them brought me here... Didn't know this kind of photography is still this active and who knows maybe I'll try that one day also

Thanks,
    Matko

Re: Hi from Croatia

Welcome to the Large Fomat Photgraphy Forum.
    Although it is managed and supported by a strong and enthusiastic Northern-American party, there are quite a number of people from old Europe and the rest of the world here.

Old lenses can deliver surprisingly good results used with a modern digital reflex camera, for example have a look at Veijo Vilva's web page,
    http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/index.html
    however, this activity is clearly off-topic on this forum focused on LF photography.
    The resources of this forum are immense in terms of vintage lenses. And since many vintage lenses were large format lenses, there are definitely on-topic
    Have fun !

Hello Matko,
    Welcome!
    What I know of your country is that you have a lot of wonderfull places to photograph.
    So welcome and enjoy yourself!
    Greetings from Bert from Holland
    http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl

My daughter-in-law works for Lufthansa Airlines. My stepson and her visited Croatia for a vacation. They raved about what a beautiful country you live in and brought back many snapshots from their cheap digital camera to prove it. I would love to shoot my large format cameras in your country!

Welcome to the forum, Matko.

Alan

Hello and welcome Matko!

I hauled a 4x5 Speed Graphic from Opatija to Dubrovnik in July of '12. We absolutely fell in love with your country. So beautiful and the nicest, most welcoming people ever! If the language weren't so difficult to learn, I would move there in a heartbeat and open a Bed & Breakfast, at least, that's my fantasy. We really can't wait to go back and hubby says he'd pick Croatia over Italy any day of the week.

Thanks for welcome all, if anyone happens to come here (Split, Croatia) be free to contact me, well have a drink and I'll show you around we can have a photo day