Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 5x7 prototype

Re: 5x7 prototype

Hi,

your camera is really a masterpiece of engineering, wow. I have two questions:

1) Could the camera base potentially appear in the image if you focus close with a super wide angle lens ? If you primarily need rise on the front it may not be an issue though.

2) How did you fix the bellows at the front and back piece ? Just a snug fit ? I bought a Sinar wide-angle bellows for my DIY construction, but I am not sure how to design this connection. I'd be glad if you (or others) could share some experiences here.

Have fun and good light,
    Lars

Re: 5x7 prototype

That's a good question and I really hadn't thought about it, BUT I took some pictures this past weekend with a 90mm lens in portrait orientation, focused at infinity, and the base does not appear! Lucky me

The ends of the bellows are glued to black acrylic frames that are then screwed to the front and back standards, with tinny 2-50 size screws. Not the best/easiest/most convenient method, but it worked for this prototype. I am in thinking about my next build and will definitely come up with a different attachment mode.

Thanks for the compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by LarsAC View Post
    Hi,

your camera is really a masterpiece of engineering, wow. I have two questions:

1) Could the camera base potentially appear in the image if you focus close with a super wide angle lens ? If you primarily need rise on the front it may not be an issue though.

2) How did you fix the bellows at the front and back piece ? Just a snug fit ? I bought a Sinar wide-angle bellows for my DIY construction, but I am not sure how to design this connection. I'd be glad if you (or others) could share some experiences here.

Have fun and good light,
    Lars