Thread: Made my pilgramige to Mecca aka Photographers Formulary

Made my pilgramige to Mecca aka Photographers Formulary

I have ordered my chemicals from Photographers Formulary for many years. Their cheery voices were always a great part to any day. Several of my friends have taken workshops at their facility from the like of Sandy King, Tim Rudmen, Bruce Barnbaum and many others.

Well in person the Formulary people are even nicer! Erna (my sweetie) and I spent well over 2 hours touring the darkrooms, chemical prep areas, main meeting areas plus the B and B they operate. Boy what a first rate facility! There is ample room for tents and RV's as well.

Loaded the trailer up with PyroCat-HD and Ansco 130 plus a B&W gum kit.

I don't know if any of you remember the APUG conference we did in Toronto a number of years ago but I think a similar idea could be done at the Formulary. Ummm, something to ponder. East coast has Photostock, west coast could have ......

Eric
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

Re: Made my pilgramige to Mecca aka Photographers Formulary

Eric, That would be a great idea. Everytime I'm heading south or coming back it seems i stop off to fill my car with gallons of TF5 fixer.
    Great folks & a a great facility. It would make for a great conference/workshop location

Re: Made my pilgramige to Mecca aka Photographers Formulary

I attended a Daguerriotype workshop at Photographer's Formulary in maybe 2015. They were great! Don't remember everyone there, but the accomodations were simple but good, the food was delecious and the staff would do anything to make the workshop a success (they did and it was). Coming from the coastsal plane of south-east Texas (Houston) the mountain air and scenery were wonderful.

I would recomend the campus at PF for any photographic gathering.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!