Thread: Meet Tillman Crane at Garnet Montana

Meet Tillman Crane at Garnet Montana

Garnet is a ghost town in Montana. I had previously done Bannock and then moved on to Garnet. Tillman was doing a Ghost Towns of the West workshop.

Turns out he is a really nice guy! He was killing some time waiting for his workshop participants to make it back to the main building so my wife and I struck up a conversation with him.

Thinks to note: 1. No Ansel beard (yeh) 2. No environmental crusader talk and 3. No references to how the landscape reminded him of some opus by Bach.

Now mind you points 2 and 3 might change if we spent any considerable time with him but I found him to be refreshing.

Eric
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

Re: Meet Tillman Crane at Garnet Montana

Oops, I guess I will have to shave my beard if I want to be taken seriously.

well I was one of those workshop participants Tillman was waiting for
    great guy, great workshop, lots of fun
    the workshop finished this evening
    writing this from Montana before I head home tomorrow

Eric, there was another Calgarian in the group, you might now him, Eugene Collins
    also another LFF member was there (Rick Russell). Rick only shot LF. I shot both. All of the other participants shot digital. The workshop is primarily about learning how to create effective images, not about shooting LF.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    Garnet is a ghost town in Montana. I had previously done Bannock and then moved on to Garnet. Tillman was doing a Ghost Towns of the West workshop.

Turns out he is a really nice guy! He was killing some time waiting for his workshop participants to make it back to the main building so my wife and I struck up a conversation with him.

Thinks to note: 1. No Ansel beard (yeh) 2. No environmental crusader talk and 3. No references to how the landscape reminded him of some opus by Bach.

Now mind you points 2 and 3 might change if we spent any considerable time with him but I found him to be refreshing.

Eric
    Last edited by Frank_E; 13-Sep-2013 at 22:26. Reason: more information added
    you can find my images on flickr at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/feberdt/sets/

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

...but sometimes the landscape really is an opus by Bach...
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Great location! And a great time was had by all participants at Tillman's workshop! It was particularly fun when he took out his 5x12 at the end of one day. Tillman's an engaging instructor, and I will certainly take another of his workshops.

Rick Russell

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTerry View Post
    Oops, I guess I will have to shave my beard if I want to be taken seriously.
    Your right! All you Ansel wannabes are so passe, now to be considered a serious LF photographer you must be bald!
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.