Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I'm goin "Down Unda" in Decemba! Have a few questions of varying natures

Lachlan 717

Re: I'm goin "Down Unda" in Decemba! Have a few questions of varying natures

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Stone View Post
    One of my go-to favorites is Fosters, in the blue &gold cans.

Dan
    Couple of new ones somewhat widely available to try if you haven't been down here for a while:

*Fat Yak;
    *Mountain Goat;
    *James Squires Golden Ale;
    *White Rabbit White Ale; and
    *Kosciusko Pale Ale.

If you are going to drink Fosters, I'd suggest wearing a Hawaiian shirt, long socks and sandals. It will help to explain why.
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

Christmas period is a busy time of year for finding accommodation on the hoof. If you head west to the less populated areas (Broken Hill) it be mighty hot, head north it be pretty wet (wet season), go south and gets real busy around the coast. Still plenty of stuff any which way you go. Lots of things in the Blue Mountains and up to the QLD / NSW boarder. There are lots of backroads in Australia to explore.
    Cheers Shane

Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Christmas period is a busy time of year for finding accommodation on the hoof. If you head west to the less populated areas (Broken Hill) it be mighty hot, head north it be pretty wet (wet season), go south and gets real busy around the coast. Still plenty of stuff any which way you go. Lots of things in the Blue Mountains and up to the QLD / NSW boarder. There are lots of backroads in Australia to explore.
    +1.
    The backroads provide some of the most interesting views of this country and unless you insist on going off-road, a 2WD SUV is all you need to get around in.
    Enjoy.

I don't drink beer all that often, TBH

seemed to surprise a few Icelandic 'youngsters'(around my age at the time, 21-22) that as an "American", I was kind of the "opposite" of what they perceived as the typical-American youth: beer in each hand, guzzling it down
    Never plan to be drunk, never have been. Strict 2-beers/night limit is what I allow myself, or 1 hard drink(Jack & Coke included!)

So I'm game to try some more local brews whilst down there, but I'm not going to be "actively" searching out new tastes of Australia's brews

-Dan

Four of the best craft breweries in Oz.
    1. Burleigh Brewing from the Gold Coast. Try their Pale 78 or more famous "My Wife's Bitter"
    2. Holgate Brewing from Melbourne. Their Mt Macedon Pale Ale is sensational. if you like a dark - Tempress ...
    3. Four Pines from Port Macquarie. Probably our best Pale Ale. They also make an awesome stout.
    4. Two Birds from Melbourne. Their Sunset Red Ale is sensational.

Seriously agree on the backroads. Just be aware that there is a lot more distance between things here! :-)

So did you come to Oz? How was it? Where did you end up going?