Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Annual Large and Ultra Large Format Photographer's "Meet and Greet" Event

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

2nd Annual Large and Ultra Large Format Photographer's "Meet and Greet" Event

2nd Annual Large and Ultra-Large Format Photographer's “Meet and Greet” Event

Tri Tran, Hugo Zhang and I would like to invite our fellow photographers in the Southern California area to a special event in Orange County on Sunday October 13, 2013. This informal meeting is for fellow photographers interested in seeing and sharing some wonderful equipment and images. This is our second year and we’ve added a few new things. We have a total of 8 six-foot tables available of which four have been reserved already. The remaining four are available inside the club house. We have tables available outside as well. We can have four to six tables and an EZ up outside. If you wish to rent a table the cost will be $30.00. This is a first come first served event. To reserve and send in payment e-mail to info@tritranphotography.com
    Payment of $30.00 via paypal. Be sure to put the title of the show in your payment. The table reservations are to cover our rental cost for the clubhouse. We may have some gourmet food trucks on site for food purchases. Feel free to bring your own refreshments to share.
    You are welcome to show and sell your work on the tables you reserve, sell equipment etc. Set up time for those of you with tables is 10AM sharp! Please be on time. There will be no set up after the meeting starts.

Time and Location:
    Sunday October 13,2013
    11:00 – 6:00 pm
    Green Valley Clubhouse
    17250 Los Jardines West, Fountain Valley, Ca 92708

Event details:
    Chamonix Cameras will have a table and you can speak to Hugo if you are interested in any of Chamonix's products.
    Large and Ultra Large Format cameras plus a variety of soft focus lenses will be on display. Some may be for sale!
    Traditional silver gelatin, platinum and carbon transfer prints, ambrotypes and tintypes will also be available for purchase.
    A discussion of alternative printing techniques and the use of film and x-ray films will be part of the activities.
    The program consists of the following:
    • 11:00 – 11:30 pm – Introduction and welcome.
    • 11:30 – 2:00 pm – Wet Plate Collodion with Randy Estudillo
    • 2:00 – 4:00 pm Platinum/Palladium Printing with Tri Tran
    • 3:00- 5:00pm Carbon Transfer Printing with Jim Fitzgerald including demo of the process.
    Photographers are welcome to show their portfolio to collectors who may wish to purchase their work or to share their work with other artists. For those who wish to shoot portraits, please bring your 8x10 film holders loaded with your favorite film as cameras will be available to use.
    Light refreshments will be served.
    Should you have any questions please contact us. We look forward to seeing you!
    Jim: 818- 378-3919
    Tri: 949-433-5323
    Hugo: 909-576-1199

Thanks.

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Re: 2nd Annual Large and Ultra Large Format Photographer's "Meet and Greet" Event

Just an update:
    6 tables has been booked. We have 2 tables left for inside the Club house.

Jim, thanks for posting this . Look forward to see everyone there .

Re: 2nd Annual Large and Ultra Large Format Photographer's "Meet and Greet" Event

would love to be there, but it will have to wait another year. Enjoy, should be a great event.

Will call for renting one table.

Mike

The last meet up or " Meet and Greet" was really good, a lot of people showed up and a great place to show and tale.

Mike

Dave, I hope you can make it ,please try if there any changes last minute . It's definitely a show that you can't afford to miss.
    Mike, your table is reserved . Thanks for being a part of the event.

It was so much fun last year, I can wait!

I'll bring some 8x10 Impossible instant film and processor if anyone wants to try it or have their picture taken. I'm asking $20 a shot (that is cost). I am not an Impossible rep or anything (Impossible I am available ) I'll also have some extra gear I'm selling (4x5 and 120 cameras and lenses) and will be sharing a table with Mr. Daniel Stone.

I can also demo lifting Impossible instant film. It really isn't too hard, but there are some tricks I can share.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jason_m...7634157433973/

Hi Jason,
    Thanks to be a part of the event.

Update : Inside tables are sold out. Table reserved for Artists / Exhibitors are:

1 M 56 Gallery
    2 Domenico Foschi
    1 Jim Fitzgerald
    1 Hugo Zhang ( Chamonix camera )
    1 Micheal Clark
    1 Jason and Daniel Stone
    1 Tri Tran

We can set up another 4 outside table for your displays . Please let us know if you are interested. Thanks

Can't wait! Another Brookie and I are making the drive down from Santa Barbara, so stoked!

I plan on making the drive down ;-)