Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any LF-ers in or near NYC?

Re: Any LF-ers in or near NYC?

I live in the W60's so if anybody wants to shoot one weekend let me know. I mostly shoot street photography with my Speed sometimes my Yashica TLR.

Hi Folks,
    I created a Facebook group on LF meet up. please join the group, this place would be great to share/update what we all passionate about .
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/215476198625396/

Im also a photographer and super fan of LF.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I still want to shoot grand central, I know it's cliche but someday I won't live here and I feel like it's stupid not to shoot it while I can... the classic window shot from the stairs.
    Hey Stone, read it and weep. it actually wasn't that bad, but I would be much more prepared and focused next time.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnHoke View Post
    Hey Stone, read it and weep. it actually wasn't that bad, but I would be much more prepared and focused next time.
    Well I am jealous Shawn. Nice photos. Want to share how you got permission for the shoot?

Nice!

Very jealous... I only have one with my tiny 35mm... However... It is Kodachrome...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384445877.368903.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	104574

Think they would approve a group photo application?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Roody View Post
    Well I am jealous Shawn. Nice photos. Want to share how you got permission for the shoot?
    Thanks, Pete! I grabbed an email from their website and just sent them a quick message telling them what I wanted to do. I didn't hear back so I sent a reminder email and a woman answered with some questions. Then she sent me a form I had to fill out and send to her as a PDF. Wasn't too much. It's the tripod they have an issue with. Then I had to pick up my guest pass and the station master's office. I think the contact I used on the website may have been "Production Contact"?

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Nice!

Very jealous... I only have one with my tiny 35mm... However... It is Kodachrome...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384445877.368903.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	104574

Think they would approve a group photo application?
    Oooh, Kodachrome! That's nice. One thing they were VERY serious about was I could not shoot from any of the balconies. Or in front of any stairs. Of course the ONE shot everyone wants is from the balcony. A security guard let me take a quick (LF version of quick) shot from the balcony.

Boy, a group of us would cause quite a stir there! People were so curious.

Oooh, Kodachrome! That's nice. One thing they were VERY serious about was I could not shoot from any of the balconies. Or in front of any stairs. Of course the ONE shot everyone wants is from the balcony. A security guard let me take a quick (LF version of quick) shot from the balcony.

Boy, a group of us would cause quite a stir there! People were so curious.
    Thanks, this one is also from the balcony, and I had a lot of trouble with that too, in order to get a good depth of field, while also getting the exposure right and getting the people slightly in motion and having some ghosting while others being frozen, I needed to shoot with a tripod considering that Kodachrome is 64 ASA, they came up to bother me telling me I couldn't set up a tripod, and then I asked okay so what if I just use one leg like a monopod and I rested on my foot and I stand in front of the balcony is that okay? And the guy seemed to be okay with that as long as I did it relatively quickly, I spent about three or four minutes making sure that the shot was right and then took it and two more others at two other shutter speeds just in case my guesstimate about shadow people was off. However I probably wouldn't want to rest my 4 x 5 on a single tripod on top of my foot that might be a bit much

I've just moved to Brooklyn. I ran away from the circus to devote more time to photography. Hello fellow new yorkers.
    aaronamodt.com

Hi, I'm actually in CT despite my handle... Lol