Thread: Komuranon 90mm f/6.3 Lens

grey-not-gray

Komuranon 90mm f/6.3 Lens

Is the Komuranon 90mm f/6.3 lens any good? How does it stack up with other 90mm lenses for 4x5 use?

Re: Komuranon 90mm f/6.3 Lens

I like mine so far. Great to look through.

Wide Angle Plaubel Peco Profia sawed off rail Komura 90mm by Nokton48, on Flickr

For now I am not cleaning up my original Tiltall. For grab n go wide angle 4x5 the Plaubel Peco Profia with Bag Bellows and second Bag also with Profia Monocular is a good combo. I sawed off the long rail (using my band saw) to make a shortie Profia rail. I will glue the Plaubel emblem back onto the end of it. The lens is a Komura 90mm F6.8 with the original humungeous lens hood. Mounted onto a 120x120mm Peco Board with Wide supplemental wide angle board. Also works well with my 75mm F6.3 Komura, these lenses are in the original catalogs with the Plaubel stuff so appropriate. Very Very Good Lenses! Easy to look through, too being F6.3's. This setup is ideal for Architectural Interiors and Exteriors, without carrying around the kitchen sink. LOL just a small padded bags for holders and stuff and this thing. Will work with a lens out to 150mm so that covers prolly 90% of what I want to do.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain