Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping from Canada to Qatar

(Shrek)

Re: Shipping from Canada to Qatar

In my experience, Canada Post does not update tracking on these until after the parcel is actually delivered to the end recipient. Qatar Post, whatever it's called, may have details, but CP won't.

It's a long way by canada post according to my experiences .
    Don't worry about it.
    It would spend 1 or 2 months on the road.
    I just got a package by Canada post today from LFF member which sent out on 9th July.
    Sometimes love just ain't enough.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pierre506/sets/

Quote Originally Posted by pierre506 View Post
    It's a long way by canada post according to my experiences .
    Don't worry about it.
    It would spend 1 or 2 months on the road.
    I just got a package by Canada post today from LFF member which sent out on 9th July.
    WOW. canada post really sucks. i get my packages to HK and China in 3-5 days regularly.

the OP should drive to the USA if he is close enough and post from there.
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Canada Post is losing money hand over fist and the service quality has begun to go downhill. I have put in a claim that they deliberately make very hard to do and unfortunately with some of the Canada Post people I have dealt with on this issue there is a prevalent do not care attitude. Maybe I have just been unlucky.

It seems to me your buyer is a bit impatient. Sometimes it takes a long time to get to the destination. For example, I was in China and mailed two boxes of film from Beijing and paid $80 each box. It took a month to arrive. During that time, all the China Post showed in their tracking information was that the package was being processed (in China). When it left, the information said the package left China - that's all. However, when the package arrived it seems to me it was opened for inspection and in some cases I think a couple of film boxes were opened - I have loaded them and plan to test them tomorrow. I hope they are not fogged.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Benton View Post
    Canada Post is losing money hand over fist and the service quality has begun to go downhill. I have put in a claim that they deliberately make very hard to do and unfortunately with some of the Canada Post people I have dealt with on this issue there is a prevalent do not care attitude. Maybe I have just been unlucky.
    No, that is the norm, it seems; CP's customer service has usually been friendly, but grossly ineffective; it's the UN of postal services It seems that they are rendered impotent by their own rules.
    Like the poster below says, your buyer is very impatient; had he not filed a claim so early, this would not even be discussed right now.

Quote Originally Posted by tautatis View Post
    It seems to me your buyer is a bit impatient. Sometimes it takes a long time to get to the destination. For example, I was in China and mailed two boxes of film from Beijing and paid $80 each box. It took a month to arrive. During that time, all the China Post showed in their tracking information was that the package was being processed (in China). When it left, the information said the package left China - that's all. However, when the package arrived it seems to me it was opened for inspection and in some cases I think a couple of film boxes were opened - I have loaded them and plan to test them tomorrow. I hope they are not fogged.
    If you ordered Shanghai or Lucky, they usually open the boxes, but not the paper envelopes; based on my own experience, your film should be fine.