Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Large Format on Ebay?

Re: Large Format on Ebay?

[QUOTE=Doremus All we can hope for is that intelligent sellers include the words "large format" in their titles (but what about a 2x3 view camera...)

[/QUOTE]

A few weeks ago I ran across a listing for a Bronica system (6x6 cm) with "Large Format" in both the title and description. We exchanged messages: I tried tto explain the norms in catagorizing formats, and the seller repllying that he didn't care, as most buyers today don't know the difference!
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Have Ebay listened ?

Suddenly if I search for Large format I get options for Large format, Field, Panorama, rangefinder etc I've never seen these in this way before.

Ian

Dan and Bill - sorry about that, I don't know what the problem is. I bookmarked that link and it usually takes me right to LF. But when I copied it and posted it here it did the same thing for me that it did to you. Who knows, ebay has always seemed kind of screwed up.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post
    Have Ebay listened ?

Suddenly if I search for Large format I get options for Large format, Field, Panorama, rangefinder etc I've never seen these in this way before.

Ian
    Ian, don't be so UK-centric. You're telling us about ebay.co.uk. ebay.co.uk is not ebay.com, which is the site we're all griping about. Try your search on ebay.com. You won't get the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Ian, don't be so UK-centric. You're telling us about ebay.co.uk. ebay.co.uk is not ebay.com, which is the site we're all griping about. Try your search on ebay.com. You won't get the same result.
    Actually there's only one Ebay database for all the different portals, login for ebay.com is the same as ebay.de, ebay.co.uk etc, all information is the same - saved searches, watched items and so on.

I look at all three portals I mentioned (and there's plenty more) but you are right Dan there's only been a very recent slight change on the UK portal. It used to be that the US version was much better for searching by categories for LF items than the UK.

However if they get it right for one portal that gives an example for others, that would give us something to ask our local Ebay portal to emulate.

Ian

Wingnut/GearJammer/IBEWRetired Racer X 69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ellis View Post
    Who knows, ebay has always seemed kind of screwed up.
    It wouldn't be eBay otherwise, would it?
    Whiskey Is Sunlight Held Together By Water