Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: terror suspect database for photographers of "landmarks"

terror suspect database for photographers of "landmarks"

"That just smacks TOO MUCH of an occupied country or a country run by a dictatorship. It reminds me of Nazi Germany."

Thats right, we are occupied by the United Nations! UN OUT NOW! The UN does not want you using PYRO! What do you say to that?

FREEDOM!!!!!

Now picutre the scene in Braveheart of Mel Gibson yelling "FREEDOM!"

They will have to pry my dead hands out of my pyro!

Let me get this right.... If we photograph buildings or landmarks, the "Men in Black" will check our pictures by developing and maybe printing then for us??? COOL!!!!! That means we can all use a lot more 8x10 (and larger) film, and not worry about the cost. The Feds will have to buy the chemicals and do the developing for us. Anyone have an obscenely huge banquet camera lying around? ROFL

Give me a break. These liberal conspiracy mongering, the sky is falling wack jobs will say and do anything to forward their propaganda.

In reality, the fundamentalist bastards want to destroy western civilization. Not just the US, but the UK and yes, even France. Canada, you are not immune either, so wake up and loose the liberal media.

I regularly make pictures of monuments and old buildings. Will I photograph a nuclear power plan? Of course not, and if I did, I would expect to be questioned. How rediculous is this.

Three weeks ago my wife and daughter were in NY City. They went everywhere and photographed whatever they wanted. (Including the Brooklyn Bridge) NO ONE bothered them. I am really amazed with all this propaganda that is being promulgated as urban legend on the web.

When are people going to learn to real reputable sources (ok, I deserve that one, is the NY or LA Times reputable?, well not recently) and open their eyes to reality. I recently heard one very visible preidential candidate say that "this time, we are going to teach the Republicans in Palm Beach County to vote". HELLO! Palm Beach County elections is run by democrats.

As photographers, we need to stop being lemmings and listening to the propaganda. We need to use our intellect and see for ourselves. The US is NOT a repressive dictatorship, I have not lost any freedoms. I welcome the security at the airports and public places, it is there to protect us.

If you go to a Nuclear powerplant and make photographs, be prepared to explain why you did such a dumb thing. Put a smile on your face and be nice, you may be harassed but undertand that you deserve it. Making photos at a nuclear plan in todays world is just plain dumb.

To all the conspiracy mongers out there, get a grip and take a powder. Mix up some fixer and relax.

This whole thing is too,too Orwellian! Think about it; why would someone bent on destruction draw undue attention to theirselves by using a large format camera? Duh! We just had an incident here in Seattle where an individual was racially profiled out of a group of whitebread tourists happliy snapping pictures of a public site. The fact of the matter is those who would be suspicious of you are not thinking. The fact that the person is out there in broad daylight photographing in the most conspicious manner possible doesn't even draw a second thought!

When did "whitebread" become a race?

Mike