Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a new colour lab in Victoria, B.C.

Need a new colour lab in Victoria, B.C.

In the rather unlikely event that anyone else on this list is in Victoria, B.C, I'm hoping someone can recommend a lab here for getting 4x5 colour negs processed. My old lab consolidated with another group in town, but the new establishment seems to be strictly 35mm/120 only.

Arghh.

Cheers, donw

Don,

there used to be a little lab almost right down town in a basement I think - is that the one you used to use?

I only used them onece when I was down in Victoria, but they did a good job.
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

That one doesn't ring a bell, Tim, although there used to be a repair shop downtown on Johnson St that was below-ground. The lab I was using was Precise Colour, now merged with Prism Photo, under the new name Imaging Group. I'll have to remember to bring the question up the next time I'm in Broad St Photo, as Bob, one of the sales guys, is also a LF person. Perhaps he'll have a suggestion...

Precise Colour Phot strikes a chord (I just hunted through the Yellow Pages....)

But it might have been these guys a couple of streets down?

Island Pro Lab 857 Caledonia Ave. Victoria, BC

250-360-1678
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

Your memory's pretty good, Tim <g>. When I was in Broad Street today, Bob rang up Island Pro, and they do still run a C41 line for large format. I'll be giving them a whirl the next time I shoot colour negs.

Cheers

I use lens and shutter here in the lower mainland.. i suppose the lens and sshutter in victoria would proccess them for you too.

I haven't tried Lens & Shutter in Victoria for LF....although they do most of my 120. It looks like there are a few of us in Victoria, BC.

Cheers,

Hmm -- that's a thought, Deniz, although I somehow have my doubts that they process LF stuff themselves. If they farm it out, I might as well go to wherever they send it. I will ask them, though, the next time I'm in the store. They'd be a lot more convenient for me than going over to Caledonia Street, as I don't drive to work.

Cheers,

Don,

I believe Lens & Shutter send their processing off to Customcolor (also their lab) in Vancouver and they do a pretty decent job. If you stop in and speak with Keri Trip she'll be able to assist you. She just moved over to Victoria from their main store on West Broadway.

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Got this from a "Victorian" on another list:

> Precise and Prism merged on June 11. Just rechecked with them and Belinda > (now at the Prism office - formerly at Precise) )tells me that they can > still do 4X5. They are still getting all organized but it sounds like the > dip and dunk set up will be moved over to Prism (who were big in digital > printing) while most of the rest of the the chemical and paper processing > stuff (from Precise) is sold off ove rthe next while.