Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: With thanks I post a few of my first ever LF frames...

Re: With thanks I post a few of my first ever LF frames...

Guys, be careful about responding obvious spam, especially using quotes of the link to the commercial site. I've removed these from a couple of posts--normally we'd remove all the responses but these brought up larger issues for people.

Rick "who would normally not edit a post" Denney

DavidE

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    Guys, be careful about responding obvious spam, especially using quotes of the link to the commercial site. I've removed these from a couple of posts--normally we'd remove all the responses but these brought up larger issues for people.

Rick "who would normally not edit a post" Denney
    Hello Rick,

my apologies.

Regards,
    David

Hi David,
    Very pleasing work for your "first ever" LF attempt. Your previous experience serves you well and You will obviously derive more and more enjoyment as you dig in deeper !

Very fortunate that you were able to obtain a group of excellent lenses right from the start. Try to explore and understand each one (individually) as you progress. Continued good luck and good wishes.

Dennis
    I know just enough to be dangerous !

DavidE

Hello Dennis and thank you very much for your kind words. While I do have a lot of experience (in the lower formats... hehe), I am quite astonished at my reaction to the whole process - perhaps it stirs something in me that photography used to do back when I was a kid messing around with simple cameras and basic darkroom practices. It's a real labour of love and does force one to engage with every stage. Wonderful. And those negatives! WOW.

I am certainly feeling like I've joined a very generous and supportive society here and really look forward to progressing, sharing and hopefully even adding some value to others who are venturing into LF for the first time.

As for lenses - I have been very fortunate, and I guess being in my 40s and not my 20s, I am in a better position to afford gear - and it's so well priced these days (sadly in some respects). In fact I snared a beautiful and mint conditioned Nikkor M 300 f/9 this morning (from New York actually) for only a few hundred dollars. I am hoping to pick up something like a 120 macro - that should do me for a while! And yes, I agree that concentrating on one lens at a time is time well spent (like playing golf with a 5 iron + putter). It's always amazing what you can achieve!

Most of all, I would love to spread the good word and try to sweep up others who would get enormous value out of slowing down and really engaging with their photography. This is almost a burning mission for me. I've found something that is deeply rewarding and naturally want to share with others. Everyone that stops and shows interest in my 'strange' camera while I'm out shooting gets a first hand experience under the hood. They always emerge with a sense of awe.

So again, many thanks and I look forward to more interaction in the future!

Cheers,
    David

Thanks, David, for your reply.

You have a genuine enthusiasm and very generous spirit about sharing your LF photography. May that stay with you always ! I'm sure you will attract many followers over time.

You will always find people here willing to provide advice and help solve any problems that arise.

All the best.

Dennis
    I know just enough to be dangerous !

David,
    I thought your response to channels3500 to be very mature. The fact that you were able to take something positive out of it was inspiring.
    Mike

DavidE

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wynd View Post
    David,
    I thought your response to channels3500 to be very mature. The fact that you were able to take something positive out of it was inspiring.
    Mike
    Hello Mike - thank you for your compliment. I try not to take comments such as those I responded to personally. The guy is out there trying to make a living and I wish the best for him. He's chosen a tough space and I was probably a bit harsh.

I get to Canberra quite often to see the in-laws. Next time I head your way I'll pm you if you don't mind and pick your brains for some shooting suggestions. Nice to know that LF lives in your parts!

Take care and cheers,
    David

Nice shots, David. Keep up the good work.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.