Thread: inexpensive glossy paper?

inexpensive glossy paper?

I'm looking for an inexpensive glossy or luster paper for 8.5x11 prints using the photo black ink (as opposed to matte black) on my Epson 3800. I have some paper now (Inkjet Art Micro Ceramic Luster) that fit the inexpensive part, but it is horribly cold for my tastes. Any suggestions?

Re: inexpensive glossy paper?

I buy Costco paper for everyday use.

Cheap and good for a lot of images. They have 8.5x11 and 4x6 in their store brand, Kirkland, it's $20 for 150 sheets of ' 8.5x11" Premium weight glossy, made in Mexico.'

Great paper. it's the same thing they print on, except they print giant rolls. I forget the actual manufacturer, but it's top notch, just as all Kirkland products are.

Quote Originally Posted by h2oman View Post
    I'm looking for an inexpensive glossy or luster paper for 8.5x11 prints using the photo black ink (as opposed to matte black) on my Epson 3800. I have some paper now (Inkjet Art Micro Ceramic Luster) that fit the inexpensive part, but it is horribly cold for my tastes. Any suggestions?
    Tin Can

I second the Costco paper. You'll need a profile for it, but it's cheap and high-quality stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by h2oman View Post
    Greg,

You might try Calumet's Brilliant Glossy. Right now they have it on sale, and it looks like there is free shipping, at least there was on my last order which just came in on Tuesday. Just went to their site and could not find any 8.5x11. Jim
    Last edited by Jim Becia; 25-Jul-2013 at 17:35. Reason: Update on paper size.

I normally use matte paper but I found a sale on Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster and bought a box just to try it. I don't have a lot with which to compare it but I thought it was pretty nice and it's fairly inexpensive.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

You can try to check Red River Paper. Prints on their Satin paper with MIS inks are just scary nice (if you like warm tones that is)