Thread: 70mm Ilford ULF error READ TODAY!!! we can order 70mm!!!!

70mm Ilford ULF error READ TODAY!!! we can order 70mm!!!!

Hey guys,

There was some miscommunication about the 70mm order from ilford, if you dont know, ilford is making 50ft 70mm rolls in both Double Perforated and NON-perforated available as a special run.

THIS IS (almost) GUARANTEED now because apparently enough people signed up.... but one guys is in Norway and Freestyle can't get in contact with him, so we need your help!!

ANYONE who wants to order a roll or two of the 70mm double pert AND non-pert, please do so TODAY, if you don't call TODAY by the close of business, that's it... (there's a tiny window in the first 10 minutes they are open tomorrow before they send out the final numbers to ilford, but really, just call today!!) Freestyle is in California so call before they close!

I know this isn't LF specific but it's part of the Ilford ULF and there are 70mm Graflex backs for 4x5 so I thought it appropriate.

number: 800-292-6137 extension 102

Please do it now!!

Re: 70mm Ilford ULF error READ TODAY!!! we can order 70mm!!!!

I ordered two spools of the non-perf. Q: Now what do I do with it?

I hope it fits the Kodak 116 format.

Anyway. I talked with Lauren (fantastic customer service) and she mentioned the orders will be forwarded to Ilford around 08:15 PDT. There are folks that can take orders as early as 06:00AM-PDT (Pacific Daylight Time)

Many thanks for this alert as I wanted to place an order for 70mm spool but missed it.

Best Regards,

Tim

Yes Tim, and there's better news... she said since she has to put the order in in the morning, if people EMAIL her tonight, and include their phone number, and are willing to keep it by their bedside, in the morning she will check the emails and call anyone who emails her their number to order the rolls in the morning...

use this email: laurenm@freestylephoto.biz

and leave her your contact info and she will do her best to get orders in first thing in the morning before submitting them to Ilford.

Both 70mm Double Perf and 70mm Non-perf have fulfilled the minimum, so any additional orders are guaranteed and a bonus to us! Also, apparently some people don't even know the film and prices so ... the film is HP5+ only, and it comes in a 50 foot roll. The exact price evades my memory, but the breakdown is ... $130 roughly for one can of non-pert 70mm and $180 for the double-perf 70mm again in HP5+.

The reason the price is higher for the double perf is that Simon at Ilford has indicated that special tools have to be made and machined to perforate the 70mm that don't exist and so its a lot of added work. Ilford is almost doing this at cost just to support its customers and isn't making much if anything on this, so I know the prices seem high, but it's totally worth it.

And yes you can re-roll this into 116 and 616 spools, it's exactly the same size.

If my prices are slightly off, I apologize but that's basically the price. So email Lauren and she'll call you in the morning to take your order! Don't forget to include your phone number! haha

Thanks for the info - glad the minimums were made. I think the price is good and appreciate Ilford for making this offering.

I checked a roll of 616 and this 70mm looks to be good. I appreciate you posting this alert. The ETA is sometime in Sep.

Best.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Povlick View Post
    Thanks for the info - glad the minimums were made. I think the price is good and appreciate Ilford for making this offering.

I checked a roll of 616 and this 70mm looks to be good. I appreciate you posting this alert. The ETA is sometime in Sep.

Best.
    Tim
    Welcome! It's over now, can someone close this thread? I don't have the "authority" lol