Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Image sharing thread is stuck on first page, could I have locked it somehow?

Re: An Image sharing thread is stuck on first page, could I have locked it somehow?

Just for kicks, I thought I'd try uninstalling IE10 and re-installing IE 9. [raspy error buzz] IE 10 cannot be uninstalled, only the IE 10 features can be turned off. Once that is done, IE 9 cannot be installed fresh. The error message indicates that it is already installed. But, it doesn't show up on the menu of programs that can be uninstalled, either. Re-enabling the IE 10 features doesn't change the behavior - it still chokes in the threads mentioned.

So, until Microsoft fixes the bug, it appears that the best work-around is to suggest members use Firefox, instead.

Re: An Image sharing thread is stuck on first page, could I have locked it somehow?

Apparently, IE10 is screwing this up. Since we can't change that, we suggest that people only use alphanumerics in thread titles, while Tom sees if it's possible to broaden his fix. Meanwhile, I'll fix this thread title.

I suspect many are like me--my employer does not permit me to install Firefox or other browser, though they do permit limited personal use of the Internet.

Rick "removing the quotes also, just in case" Denney

I just experienced the "stuck-on-the-first-page" today with a thread.

I tried clicking on the numbers and "Last" but remained on page 1. The only thing left was to click on the "Page x of x" then typing in the page number. That worked.

BTW, this thread works normally.

The thread in question is here:
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ng-your-vision

Time to start using a "real" internet browser like firefox.
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

I edited the thread title. Does IE10 choke on commas as well as dashes?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    Time to start using a "real" internet browser like firefox.
    Or safari, or chrome, or even opera... IE hasn't been a "real" browser since windows 95....

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    Apparently, IE10 is screwing this up. Since we can't change that, we suggest that people only use alphanumerics in thread titles, while Tom sees if it's possible to broaden his fix. Meanwhile, I'll fix this thread title.

I suspect many are like me--my employer does not permit me to install Firefox or other browser, though they do permit limited personal use of the Internet.

Rick "removing the quotes also, just in case" Denney
    Tell your employer that the browser doesn't work for stuff you need for work since the upgrade and that you can't do your job without Firefox

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Tell your employer that the browser doesn't work for stuff you need for work since the upgrade and that you can't do your job without Firefox
    My employer (in the larger sense--my bosses are with me on this) doesn't care if I can't do my job using my computer. They do care that my computer conforms to their rules.

Rick "Ralph did what I would have done by replacing the em dash--let's see if it works" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    My employer (in the larger sense--my bosses are with me on this) doesn't care if I can't do my job using my computer. They do care that my computer conforms to their rules.

Rick "Ralph did what I would have done by replacing the em dash--let's see if it works" Denney
    Hah! Sounds like a corporation alright.

So take the week off and when they ask why nothing was done, say "well you didn't let me install a functioning browser, so I couldn't work" haha

Don't do this for real, that will not go over well

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Hah! Sounds like a corporation alright.

So take the week off and when they ask why nothing was done, say "well you didn't let me install a functioning browser, so I couldn't work" haha

Don't do this for real, that will not go over well
    What I work for is worse than a corporation, and they won't ask that question.

But I rather doubt that I would be successful in claiming my work was inhibited because some aspect of IE interefered with the Large Format Photography Forum, heh.

Rick "who mostly uses Tapatalk on his cell phone or iPad" Denney