Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Image sharing thread is stuck on first page, could I have locked it somehow?

Re: An Image sharing thread is stuck on first page, could I have locked it somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Sergei,

I am not sure what's going on. I deleted cookies, including the one for the forum, and also purged IE 10 temporary Internet Files to no avail. I use CCleaner, btw. Weird.

--P
    I tried deleting cookies and purging IE 10 temporary files as well but it still didn't clear up the issue.

What's worse is that the same issue has started with the "Dreaded film holder problem" thread in the Photography & Technique forum. Anyone having a problem with that thread as well?

Preston Birdwell

Re: An Image sharing thread is stuck on first page, could I have locked it somehow?

Tim,

I just tried your suggestion to remove the apostrophe and it works.

Pat: I am seeing what you are seeing in the "Dreaded film holder problem" thread. It looks like what's causing the issue is the dash between the word 'dread' and the word 'and' in the URL...

largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?103493-The-film-holder-nightmare-we-all-dread-–-and-what-to-do

If you remove the two of the three dashes between those words in the URL it will resolve correctly.

I am using IE10, so apparently this is minor hitch in the way IE resolves the URL's, since I do not see the issue in FireFox.

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

I removed the apostrophe from the thread title. Please report here your outcomes.

I'm wondering: if some browsers are set for different character encodings, will they interpret the apostrophe differently. I know that many times apostrophes entered on Apple products don't display properly in all encoding schemes, and in this case the browser may not be converting the apostrophe to something readable. All that is beyond me, but I can at least remove the apostrophe and see if that helps. Maybe this will spark an idea with Tom or Ralph.

Rick "noting that caches may still need to be reloaded" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Tim,

I just tried your suggestion to remove the apostrophe and it works.

Pat: I am seeing what you are seeing in the "Dreaded film holder problem" thread. It looks like what's causing the issue is the dash between the word 'dread' and the word 'and' in the URL...

largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?103493-The-film-holder-nightmare-we-all-dread-–-and-what-to-do

If you remove the two of the three dashes between those words in the URL it will resolve correctly.

I am using IE10, so apparently this is minor hitch in the way IE resolves the URL's, since I do not see the issue in FireFox.

--P
    I removed the em dash from that one, too.

Rick "please report back" Denney

Rick, your editing of the apostrophe and dashes has solved the issues I was having with the two threads. I live far below the Mason Dixon Line and we butcher the Kings English here so there is no offense from me of you removing the apostrophe and dashes. I decided to omit them in this response because I did not want to possibly lock myself out of this thread. Thanks for your help.

Preston Birdwell

Removing those characters from the titles of the affected threads appears to have worked, Rick.

Many thanks!

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

I changed a setting that should fix this issue. Please refresh or close & reopen your browser and try to access the pages you're having problems with.

Preston Birdwell

OK, I found another thread that won't allow me to select different pages.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...aking-the-shot

IE 10, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Both fully up to date.

Anyone else seeing this?

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

This time it is the "+" sign that is not being interpreted correctly. Don't know whether this is related to the previous problem or not.
    ... my real name, imagine that.

It works fine in Firefox, and Google Chrome, but not in IE 10.