Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Writing Kodak to voice opinions

Writing Kodak to voice opinions

I've seen a couple of people recently mention that they would like various Kodak films, especially Tri-X, to be available in Readyload form. I thought I'd share an address I got at a John Sexton Workshop I attended last February. John said that to voice one's opinion on Kodak film products write a reasonable letter (minimizing swear words will likely make your vote count) stating your desires & opinions and posing it to:

Ronald Corn
    Marketing Manager, Photographer Segment
    Kodak Professional Imaging Solutions
    Eastman Kodak Company
    343 State Street
    Rochester, NY 14650-0403
    Including a few words of thanks for a cherished existing product is a good idea, too.

A letter has an impact that emails and opinions on internet fora do not. Of course, there are those who'd rather be disemboweled than do business with Kodak, but for others writing is the best way to get your opinion in front of those who make the decisions.

Kodak has made a lot of mistakes, but they will listen - and this is a good strategy. Thanks for the tip. Perhaps we should all concentrate on one subject at a time - Tri-X in Readyloads would make me happy too.

Verizon responded to an online petition to carry the PalmOne Treo cellphone, so it can work.

I would just like to have the old Tri-X back.

Strangely, I was just thinking about this very subject last night, as I stood in my darkroom muttering to myself, desperately attempting to coax good prints out of some new t-max negs. (I had decided on a recent desert trip that the advantages of readyloaded t-max outweighed the drawbacks of carrying/loading/unloading holders) How I wish now that my beloved tri-x had been in those holders instead!)

In any case, thanks for the address; Kodak will get my letter.

Yes, I know there are T-max lovers out there; I meant no disrespect. I'm sure it is a fine film but it's just not my bag. There could at least be a choice, no?

...just as long as they don't discontinue the loose sheet boxes of Tri X. Not everyone wants to spend the extra $$$ for readyloads. Wouldn't it be nice if Kodak could make a system where they provided the "ready load" envelopes that the photographer could preload from their own stash of TriX film at their need? The best of both worlds? (Grafmatic backs excluded).

Hmmmm, any engineers out there???

>> Wouldn't it be nice if Kodak could make a system where they provided the "ready load" envelopes that the photographer could preload from their own stash of TriX film at their need? The best of both worlds? <<

I think you'd end up with the same dust issues that drive some of us to use Readyloads or Quickloads. The big advantage is that they are loaded in a cleanroom, and no room in my house is *every* going to be that clean...

And, by the way, thanks for the address - I'm also going to send a letter. I have recently been quite happy with a test of Porta 160VC, but would like the option of the faster version as well.

"I would just like to have the old Tri-X back."

Alex - looks like you are going to have to open your own plant then... (BTW - I find the "new" tri-x just fine)

Shmoo - the Mido I system did just that (and quite well too)
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

I just printed off my plea for Tri-X in ReadyLoads. But I am going to sit on it for a month and mail it in August, so he doesn't get all the letters on the same day.

My letter goes out tomorow. If this works, maybe Royal Pan is next-I loved that film

Tim, it was my understanding that the Midos were somewhat problematic. If that isn't the case, then my issues with the cost and flatness of readyloads may be mute. I've never had that big an issue with dust, though I'm sure that's got to change now, with my having said it.