Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JOBO Blues

JOBO Blues

So, I broke down and bought a JOBO 3005 to process 5x7 and 8x10. Question. Is how much developer to use with either film (5 sheets of 5x7 or 8x10). My go to developer is PMK Pyro. Just did some 8x10 FP4 and got real uneven development. I mixed 2500 ml and did a presoak first and 4 out of 5 were streaked badly. It seems to take quite a long time to even pour the stuff in and that concerned me from the get go. I know this should be a fairly fool proof system so figure it's my inexperience with this that's the problem. I used the BTZS tubes with no problems in the past. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: JOBO Blues

Are you not using a processor? If you are not rolling the tank you need a lot of chemistry and I dont think they are designed to it. I develope all my 8x10 and 5x7 with it and a ATL2200 and use 640ml.

2500ml, are you nucking futs?
    I believe there are recommendations written on the tank. Did you presoak your film for a couple minutes?
    Jobo tanks are made to be used on their machines which require the tank to be perfectly horizontal. Many threads on how to do this w/o a machine already exist. get a funnel and some flexible tubing. I also use pmk but only 500ml at a time- 500ml for first 1/2 of development, then 500ml for second half since pmk isn't made for rotary development and is said to oxidize or something. My prints have yet to complain.

BOOM! http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_ana...pert_drums.htm

I agree with the others; when in doubt, I use 150 mL per 8x10 sheet.
    With five sheets loaded, that's 750 mL, which is a little more than the recommended amount.
    You'll see a huge improvement if you keep to these quantities and use the tank as it is intended, that is, on a roller base or in a water bath where you can keep the tank spinning.

I have one of these. I use 1300 ml's of developer - every time. Regardless of how many pieces of film I have in the tank. Varying the amount is just asking for trouble. Especially for 5x7 and 8x10. I presoak for 5 minutes, I have very consistent development, no streaks, etc.

When pouring, there is a point where it makes more noise... and sends the excess into the overflow. The stream should be about two fingers wide. If I had to guess I'd say it took me about 20 seconds to empty the graduate into the tank, maybe 15, maybe 25. I have been using Xtol 1:1.

Lenny
    EigerStudios
    Museum Quality Drum Scanning and Printing

I use Rollo Pyro. 500ml for a full tank of 6 sheets. I roll mine on a modified upturned skateboard. Pre soak is highly recommended. No problems here, my negs look snappy & clean every time.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    I agree with the others; when in doubt, I use 150 mL per 8x10 sheet.
    With five sheets loaded, that's 750 mL, which is a little more than the recommended amount.
    You'll see a huge improvement if you keep to these quantities and use the tank as it is intended, that is, on a roller base or in a water bath where you can keep the tank spinning.
    Jobo's recommended amount for b+w chemicals is 1000ml for 5 sheets. That's from the link I provided above.

Quote Originally Posted by jonreid View Post
    I use Rollo Pyro. 500ml for a full tank of 6 sheets. I roll mine on a modified upturned skateboard. Pre soak is highly recommended. No problems here, my negs look snappy & clean every time.

Jon
    your 3005 holds 6 sheets?

Yes, I'm nucking futs, but that's for another time and another thread. I do use a roller base, and the riddle is solved. Way too much developer. Thanks for all the replies.