Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who is making the Lomochrome Purple 400 film?

Re: Who is making the Lomochrome Purple 400 film?

Ohh!! LomoChrome! It gives me the bright weird colors of summer! Mama Don't Take My LomoChrome Away-Ayy, Mama Don't Take My LomoChrome Away-Ayy!

Quote Originally Posted by alpenhause View Post
    Last weekend the Tehachapi "Mountain Festival" was in full swing.

Shot this batch of Lomochrome Purple XR-100-400 at ASA 200 with a vintage 1972 Canon F-1 with 24mm FD S.S.C lens and the railroad shots with the rare Canon FD S.S.C 85 to 300mm zoom lens.

These scans are not all that top notch but usinf a high end 35mm SLR makes all the difference with this unusual German made custom film!

A high end camera with high end processing by Image Source of Ventura, Ca and this film hauls ass!
    I'll say your images are way better then the ones on the Lomo sight, that said I don't really find these appealing, probably won't ever shoot it.

PS want a 50mm 1.4 S.S.C. ? PM me

Hey Stone, Many Thanks! Lomochrome Purple is an aquired taste, lots more experimentation to do, shooting this film in a high end camera makes all the difference, Up in the Tehachapi Loop region it has brought good color rendition to a dried out desert situation that just looks dull and drab on normal film, I think once winter and spring sets in with real green foliage it will look even better, after all Tehachapi is in the desert.

I have six FD 50mm f1.4 SSC lenses, most I refurbished because they tend to have sticking diaphragms, hence they were purchase rather inexpensively off ebay, I have that remedial procedure down real good for repairing those lenses, these leses are just as good as a Zeiss Planar IMO