Thread: Compur shutter fix

Compur shutter fix

I received a compur shutter in the mail and discovered that it has two problems. one being that the slow speeds(about 25-1) are all way to fast and about the same speed(maybe a 60th). And two, the blades of the shutter are lose and slightly leak light. i am adventurous and not willing to pay to get this fixed.
    Have you guys experienced this before? is it fixable?

Re: Compur shutter fix

Neither of those problems are common.

Sounds like somebody tried to do a home-body CLA, screwed it up, put the parts back in and sold the shutter.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

(Shrek)

Quote Originally Posted by Mizan77 View Post
    I received a compur shutter in the mail and discovered that it has two problems. one being that the slow speeds(about 25-1) are all way to fast and about the same speed(maybe a 60th). And two, the blades of the shutter are lose and slightly leak light. i am adventurous and not willing to pay to get this fixed.
    Have you guys experienced this before? is it fixable?
    I've had the first problem with a Compur, no big deal to clean and make it right. The 2nd? It's possible that with vibration, the 3 screws that hold the innards of the shutter to the body have loosened, leaving the shutter blades rattling about. Or they could simply be missing, if Leigh is correct.

I fixed the speed issue. Had to take apart the slow speed assembly. Not too bad. The shutter blades are not loose and the screws are tight and there, it's just that the lip on the screw that allows the blades to turn is too tall and the blades slightly fall out when the lens points at the ceiling. Any ideas to fix this? Silk thread?

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

You may have screws in the wrong holes. If I recall correctly, they are two different lengths in that part of the shutter.