Thread: Epson printer 3880 error 150c

Epson printer 3880 error 150c

Don't know if this was posted or not. If anyone purchases an Epson 3880 printer and it displays an error message “150C” call Epson Tech within the 30 days from the purchased date to receive a new printer. Past the 30 day mark they will only send a refurbished printer and yes with new 80ml inks. I talked to the tech on Monday about 3:30pm and I received my printer on Tuesday at 10am the next day.
    Nice.

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Re: Epson printer 3880 error 150c

I had the same experience. The problem was sporadic, so I didn't take it too seriously, and the 30 day period lapsed. Finally an epson tech hinted that I should just replace the thing. I was hesitant, because it had been a good printer, and had clogged lightly just once or twice in the few months I'd had it—a record for me.

At any rate, I'm glad I got the refurb. No more error, the new printer prints identically to the original, and I've gone months without a single clog. And then there's the matter of all the free ink.

It feels very different being an Epson pro printer customer than it did being an Epson chump printer customer. The company's making up for the many years it abused me.

Re: Epson printer 3880 error 150c

I just had the same problem after the printer had been sitting for about 3 weeks. Epson said it is a platen gap sensor error. The tech suggested that I open and close the front feed tray, which sets a different gap. That cleared up the problem, but I still started a trouble ticket with them, just to have it on record.
    r.j. phil
    www.rjphil.com
    N.E. Large Format Photography Collective