Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Great LF book, 'Graphic Graflex Photography' "The Master Book for the Larger Camera"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Great LF book, 'Graphic Graflex Photography' "The Master Book for the Larger Camera"

I heard of this book elsewhere on this forum.

Got one today. Perfect condition, $16 delivered. 438 pages

Any beginner should have one. It is packed with extremely important information and is nothing like any modern book. It is better, by far than any other LF book I have bought.

'Graphic Graflex Photography', by Morgan and Lester

"The Master Book for the Larger Camera"

Lot's of great pics, text, ads and examples. Includes darkroom process and design.

Read this instead of endlessly searching the Internet for snippets of data.

This book is really all you need! it is not out of date.
    Tin Can

Re: Great LF book, 'Graphic Graflex Photography' "The Master Book for the Larger Came

Which edition do you have?

Re: Great LF book, 'Graphic Graflex Photography' "The Master Book for the Larger Came

7th edition, 1946, 3rd printing.

I wanted a post war one, but they were in worse condition and more money.

This one has interesting wartime comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Which edition do you have?
    Tin Can

You want the last and best, the eleventh. I have the first and tenth.

Sure, I did not even see an 11th during a search. I still read books.

What do you need?

You want the last and best, the eleventh. I have the first and tenth.
    Tin Can

I misread your post.

I'll look for 11th.

Most sellers are claiming the 10th is the last edition.

Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Sure, I did not even see an 11th during a search. I still read books.

What do you need?
    Last edited by Tin Can; 8-Jul-2013 at 16:33. Reason: 10th is the last?
    Tin Can

You want the last and best, the eleventh.
    Trying to locate the 11th edition but to no avail - unless the 11th edition is not called "Graphic Graflex photography; the master book for the larger camera" anymore but "Graphic Graflex photography for prize winning pictures" (of which there do not seem to exist earlier editions).

Or has anyone by chance taken it upon himself to create an OCRed eBook version of this jewel (11th edition, of course)?

Quote Originally Posted by BerndR View Post
    Trying to locate the 11th edition but to no avail - unless the 11th edition is not called "Graphic Graflex photography; the master book for the larger camera" anymore but "Graphic Graflex photography for prize winning pictures" (of which there do not seem to exist earlier editions).

Or has anyone by chance taken it upon himself to create an OCRed eBook version of this jewel (11th edition, of course)?
    Search Abes, Amazon and Internet Archive. I'm happy with my 4th, it has plenty of valuable info. The ads are really cool.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by BerndR View Post

The 11th edition (1958) is indeed subtitled, "For Prize Winning Pictures." The author is Willard D. Morgan plus 16 contributors who were almost all unfamiliar to me. The updated information is nice, but the early editions cover the older equipment and technique more thoroughly.

I've only got the 10th - thanks for the reminder.
    Btw, Willard Morgan was also the general editor of "The Encyclopedia of Photography - the Complete Photographer", a 20 volume series that includes articles by Abbot, Adams, Weston among many others (published thru 1971).
    van Huyck Photography
    "Searching for the moral justification for selfishness" JK Galbraith