Thread: Direct Positive Processing

Direct Positive Processing

Has anyone tried making B&W transparencies in LF using the Kodak Direct Positive processing kit? What were your results? I have an unused kit and want to conduct some experiments, but lack the mixing instructions, which are not included in the on-line publication from Kodak. Anyone had experience with this kit who can give me a hint about mixing up the chemicals?

I've done some nice 4x5 using that kit. I've followed the recomendations of the manufacturer: t-max 100 film exposed at 50 and processed it as recomended by kodak. Although the results were good I don't have any real application for it; I think it's more suitable for 135 film. You'll find all the info you need at: http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/j87/j87.jhtml#1015482

If I were you I would try the folks at DR5, this is a lab in LA that does the direct positive processing in a way that will be far superior to your results. They process from 35mm up to 11x14. I have used them quite a lot and I am very happy with their work.In aadition they can process with a final sepia tone that it is quite beautiful. There is no charge for this and I believe you can basically set the speed at which you shoot the film and they compensate. Good luck

Luis A de Santos

"but lack the mixing instructions, which are not included in the on-line publication from Kodak. Anyone had experience with this kit who can give me a hint about mixing up the chemicals"?