Thread: So, ya wanna do the LF thing at the Mariposa Giant Seqouia Grove, eh???

So, ya wanna do the LF thing at the Mariposa Giant Seqouia Grove, eh???

Mom painted the Princess' bedroom pepto dismal pink today. My mission was to keep the munchkins out of the way so I packed up the family "burban" and went to Wawona to ride the mudwagon, drink the best lemonade on earth, cool off in the river and get a new national parks pass at the gate. While at the gate, I asked the ranger about photography in Mariposa Grove which, during the summer tourist frenzy is usually only accessible by shuttle bus or hiking in. Niether of which are very pleasant options when I'm lugging the 12x20, so I had assumed that I'd have to wait until autumn. Thanks to the ranger, I learned that in the mornings(before the crowds 'hit the beach' and when the light is usually best anyway, though seldom are the dramatic cloud formations cookin' that early) private vehicles are allowed up to the Grove. If you're going to Yosemite with a car loving camera like a ULF, 8x10, or even a heavy or awkward monorail this would be an option worth considering if you want to try your hand at shooting the giants. Maybe I'll see you there(BTW you can get Krispy Cremes just off hwy 41 between the Herndon and Friant Road exits, North of the Riverpark shopping center in Fresno!)

Cheers!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Hi John. I wasn't aware you lived so close to the Valley. I run up there about once a month or so and would enjoy a Krispy Kreme and cuppa joe with ya some time. I am going to the Bay soon and hope you may have a little time to meet. I'm going up and shoot around the east side say Martinez or the refinery areas. Something industrial. Let's hook up. Anyone else up for it? James

james,

I'm up for Krispy Creme and java any time my blood sugar will allow and I'm in town. Let me know the next time you're coming through fresburg. I'm the guy in the ugly green ex forestry pick up truck.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

I'll let you know when I will be by. I travel a lot and love to meet people I meet on the net. I will share my traveling portfolio with you and hope to see some of your work. Couple weeks and I'll drop you a line. See you soon.