Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Constantly having to Log In.

Constantly having to Log In.

Up until recently, like last week, I never had to log in. Now I have to every time. What's up with that?

Re: Constantly having to Log In.

As far as I know, nothing has changed with the forum software. You might try clearing your cookies for the site.

Have you ticked the remember me box, when you log on?

I checked the remember me box long ago, but I still have to log in after every time-out, which usually happens after inactivity for some unspecified period (about maybe 30 minutes). Very annoying. All the "remember me" does is remember my id and p/w, which makes login quicker/easier, but login is still needed.

Which browser are you using? Have you installed all of the latest updates for your browser?
    I had problems with IE years ago, switched to Firefox, have only had a few minor hiccups since.

Marc

I, too, am using Firefox with all updates.

Check to make sure you are still allowing cookies.

I've had all manner of sudden changes to browsers over the years, often resulting from some plugin that installed automatically and broke something else. Often, a fresh browser reinstall would address it.

If neither Ralph nor Tom can identify a server-side change, then I'm afraid we are all just guessing.

Rick "knowing that browser writers are never at rest" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Bodine View Post
    I checked the remember me box long ago, but I still have to log in after every time-out, which usually happens after inactivity for some unspecified period (about maybe 30 minutes). Very annoying. All the "remember me" does is remember my id and p/w, which makes login quicker/easier, but login is still needed.
    FYI, the "Remember Me" box also sets a cookie, so sub-processes know that you are logged in. Otherwise, some actions that spawn a sub-process will treat you as an unregistered guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Barker View Post
    FYI, the "Remember Me" box also sets a cookie, so sub-processes know that you are logged in. Otherwise, some actions that spawn a sub-process will treat you as an unregistered guest.
    Ralph, I noticed that Wayne (post #1) has had the experience of never having to log in. I've never ever had that experience, and I have to keep logging in after being timed-out. My cookies are in place ok. Normally I log out at day's end and log in the next day, but the time-outs are constant. Is there any way around the time-outs?

I've ticked the box and made sure all cookies were allowed from the site. I never really log out so that when I click the link there is no log in. Now I have to log in all the time. I'll try removing the cookies and see what happens. My browser Firefox is up to date.