Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Wooden or leather portfolio case

  1. #1
    Nasser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    United Arab Emarates
    Posts
    78

    Wooden or leather portfolio case

    Dear all,

    I have my platinum and palladium prints, mounted for presenting, the size of the print with the mound is 16"x23". I am trying to find a wooden flat case or leather one to store these prints as a portfolio, am looking for really special ones.

    Any comments would help

    Nasser

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    293

    Re: Wooden or leather portfolio case

    These are cloth covered but still quite nice.
    http://www.conservationresources.com...ection5_17.htm

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    293

    Re: Wooden or leather portfolio case

    Or get a furniture maker to make some for you...

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,484

    Re: Wooden or leather portfolio case

    Neither wood nor leather for long time storage. Get an archival portfolio box.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    San Joaquin Valley, California
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Wooden or leather portfolio case

    How about a saddle maker? A tooled leather case would be pretty unique!
    But for what purpose? For showing your work to clients I'd think the less distraction the better
    For your own pleasure, why not see if a leather crafts store has a kit and assemble/tool it yourself?
    Some airline pilots get chart cases custom made (I think Captain Scotty made, or used to make them) You might ask any professional pilots you know where they get their chart cases.
    For wood, you might gift your local high school wood shop teacher a box of doughnuts or perhaps favorite beverage along with a "pretty please."
    I steal time at 1/125th of a second, so I don't consider my photography to be Fine Art as much as it is petty larceny.
    I'm not OCD. I'm CDO which is alphabetically correct.

  6. #6
    Tri Tran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    1,231

    Re: Wooden or leather portfolio case

    Here are my custom made portfolio cases for my work. All prints are matted 20x24. It can hold 15 mounted prints and ready to go anytime. I love wood so this works for me perfectly.



    Quote Originally Posted by Nasser View Post
    Dear all,

    I have my platinum and palladium prints, mounted for presenting, the size of the print with the mound is 16"x23". I am trying to find a wooden flat case or leather one to store these prints as a portfolio, am looking for really special ones.

    Any comments would help

    Nasser

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    San Joaquin Valley, California
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Wooden or leather portfolio case

    Beautiful, Tri!
    What keeps the chain from abrading your fine prints when the portfolio is closed?
    I steal time at 1/125th of a second, so I don't consider my photography to be Fine Art as much as it is petty larceny.
    I'm not OCD. I'm CDO which is alphabetically correct.

  8. #8
    Tri Tran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    1,231

    Re: Wooden or leather portfolio case

    Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    Beautiful, Tri!
    What keeps the chain from abrading your fine prints when the portfolio is closed?
    The inside case is actually a little bigger than 20x24 so the chain will fall in the gap when you close it. The chain is light so I'm not worry too much.

  9. #9
    Randy Moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,336

    Re: Wooden or leather portfolio case

    Very nice cases Tri Tran, the chain wood worry me. (pun intended)

    I just opened some 15 year old archival cardboard photo boxes today and everything is just as I left it. Perfect.

    I need to get ready for my next project, I forgot to budget for storage.

    I like those boxes. What sort of finish is inside the box?


    Quote Originally Posted by Tri Tran View Post
    The inside case is actually a little bigger than 20x24 so the chain will fall in the gap when you close it. The chain is light so I'm not worry too much.

  10. #10
    Tri Tran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    1,231

    Re: Wooden or leather portfolio case

    Thanks Randy, they are all wood finished inside out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Very nice cases Tri Tran, the chain wood worry me. (pun intended)

    I just opened some 15 year old archival cardboard photo boxes today and everything is just as I left it. Perfect.

    I need to get ready for my next project, I forgot to budget for storage.

    I like those boxes. What sort of finish is inside the box?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •