Thread: Kodak Polymax Fine Art Paper

Kodak Polymax Fine Art Paper

I just recently tried several boxes of this paper and was very impressed. It is on a very solid stock (so it air dries on screens with a minimum of curling), h as an extremely long tonal range..very deep, neutral blacks, and ultra clean, ne utral whites. They are (finally) incorporating an optical brightener into the p aper base. I compared old negatives previously printed (years ago) on the old A gfa Brovira II, and more recently on Zone VI Brilliant..and the results on the P olymax Fine Art were superior. I'm very pleasantly surprised. The paper is designed for use with tungsten light sources (but apparently can be adapted to cold light sources with the proper filtration)..tray processing in D ektol, and (best of all) standard OC safelights. Prior to printing..I tested my standard OC safelights, for 5 min..and found absolutely no fogging whatsoever. This is a beautiful paper

Kodak Polymax Fine Art Paper

I have been using this stuff for about a year now and really love it. I had been using Ilford MG 4, but this is so much easier to work with. One test exposure and I can usually nail the rest.