Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Combi Plan - where to purchase?

Combi Plan - where to purchase?

The name of the tank is the Combi-Plan-T. Depending on who owned the tank it could have been the Krause Combi-Plan-T (the original model made in Germany be the inventor, Krause) or the Gepe Combi-Plan-T (Gepe bought the system from the invetor and moved the production to Sweden) or the HP Combi-Plan-T (we bought the system from Gepe and moved production to Newark, NJ originally and then back to the factory in Sweden.

Combina is the name of the developing tank system that the Combi-Plan T and L 4x5 tanks and the Combi-Plan 5x7 system were part of.

There were also 35mm and 120/220 single and multiple processing tanks with self-loading center feed reels (like stainless steel but far easier to load then any other type of metal or plastic reel).

We discontinued all of the systems except for the Combi-Plan-T 20 odd years ago and destroyed the tools to make any of the other versions.

All Combi-Plan or, as some still call them, Combina products are sold and billed, worldwide, through HP Marketing. North American dealers, including B&H as well as ditributors such as Daymen in Canada are shipped from our warehouse in Germany. All European distributors are dropped shipped from the factory. All Asian suppliers are shipped from the U.S.

There is no Grey market Combi-Plan product in the U.S. as the factory is part of the Gepe Group of companies which include HP Marketing Corp. and only ships to our authorized distributors in Europe, or their own dealers in Sweden. They do not ship to addresses in the U.S. Additionally production quantities are controlled by HP Marketing Corp.

Octogenarian

Thanks for your timely explaination, Bob.

I find it interesting that B&H and Midwest Photo can sell the Combi Plan tank for $58 and still make a profit. The full list (retail) price is $89. Calumet sells the tank for $75, and Porter sells it for $88.

I guess it depends on how much profit the dealer wants to make. It certainly pays for us consumers to shop around. Thanks to the internet, we can even shop internationally.

Our M.S.R.P. (list) is $83.00

not an junior member Janko Belaj's Avatar

tnx to everyone for help.
    btw, for prices: there was one very high on ebay... AU $132.50, what is about US $92... isn't that a little bit too much for "used" stuff?! :-)) Well, I think I will tray B&H once again, last time they just didn't answer on my 3 days fax calls. Now they have e-mail, maybe they can read..?

Octogenarian

Bob,

B&H lists the MSRP at $89 when I clicked on "more information about the product", where the picture of the Combina Tank is shown on their website. Since your company is the manufacturer and supplier of the product, perhaps you should set them straight on the actual MSRP.

Janko Ebay is an auction. People get auction fever or they don't know what something is worth or maybe they have other reasons. Then you've got stuff that slips by that nobody notices. With Ebay you take your chances. Some times you win some times you don't

not an junior member Janko Belaj's Avatar

Nick, I know what eBay is, have been shopping there for several years. Not much, just few lenses and some smaller cameras, probably just because prices know tho go up without any visible reason. And my post of price I have seen on eBay had to be just like "footnote", not a price recommendation... ;-))

I agree, a few month ago I was bidding on Combi developer on Ebay and the action finish around $58. You can get the same thing from B&H, Adorama, etc for about $57. You have to check prices on new and used things, the problem with ebay is that you can not see the item before you buy it.

3D-Stereo-Aeropanoramas

Re: Combi Plan - where to purchase? Silly destroying unique stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    The name of the tank is the Combi-Plan-T. Depending on who owned the tank it could have been the Krause Combi-Plan-T (the original model made in Germany be the inventor, Krause) or the Gepe Combi-Plan-T (Gepe bought the system from the invetor and moved the production to Sweden) or the HP Combi-Plan-T (we bought the system from Gepe and moved production to Newark, NJ originally and then back to the factory in Sweden.

Combina is the name of the developing tank system that the Combi-Plan T and L 4x5 tanks and the Combi-Plan 5x7 system were part of.

There were also 35mm and 120/220 single and multiple processing tanks with self-loading center feed reels (like stainless steel but far easier to load then any other type of metal or plastic reel).

We discontinued all of the systems except for the Combi-Plan-T 20 odd years ago and destroyed the tools to make any of the other versions.

All Combi-Plan or, as some still call them, Combina products are sold and billed, worldwide, through HP Marketing. North American dealers, including B&H as well as ditributors such as Daymen in Canada are shipped from our warehouse in Germany. All European distributors are dropped shipped from the factory. All Asian suppliers are shipped from the U.S.

There is no Grey market Combi-Plan product in the U.S. as the factory is part of the Gepe Group of companies which include HP Marketing Corp. and only ships to our authorized distributors in Europe, or their own dealers in Sweden. They do not ship to addresses in the U.S. Additionally production quantities are controlled by HP Marketing Corp.
    Only totally silly people can destroy unique stuff.
    optical data of Kern of Switzerland were destroyed too! Idiotic compatriots!
    i have the 35/120/220-system for 1&2x 35mm/1x120/220-reels. see two- threads not by me in apug.org. with loader-reel-image
    www.stereopan.org
    3DStereo-Aeropanorama-Jungfraujoch

Re: Combi Plan - where to purchase? Silly destroying unique stuff

Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    Only totally silly people can destroy unique stuff.
    optical data of Kern of Switzerland were destroyed too! Idiotic compatriots!
    i have the 35/120/220-system for 1&2x 35mm/1x120/220-reels. see two- threads not by me in apug.org. with loader-reel-image
    Not sure what you are trying to say. In the case of the Combina system the tools wore out and making new tools for a diminishing market was too expensive to justify the costs involved. So the system was discontinued.