Quote Originally Posted by Richard M. Coda View Post
I am not, generally, a fan of "re-photography"... I tend to enjoy photographing things that no one else wants to photograph. That said, I am not a fan of the "Klett" re-photographic surveys, especially the most recent iteration (where they actually digitally paste AA and EW images on top of their images)... but I was in Restoration Hardware this past weekend with my wife (in Scottsdale, AZ). Beautiful building... they tore down a Sonoma Deli or something stupid like that and re-built a store across the street from their old location... really did a nice job. But what REALLY caught my eye was a $40 book, and I can't remember the name or find it on their website, but it was a re-photographic survey of Berenice Abbott's work in NYC... really well done...
I have to say that upon thinking about it I am not much inclined to take up any re-photographing "quest" upon myself either.. I do not doubt it might be a good exercise, but... I think that it would be better to attempt to find one's own way of seeing and looking.
I have now a short list of places within a couple hours of driving and will start to seek permissions to visit and photograph there...