Thread: LF films in Salt Lake

LF films in Salt Lake

Ciao!! I'll be in Salt Lake in august and I'd like to purchase my LF films there...apart from the "obvious", but usually more expensive, Calumet choiche, can you suggest some other retailers where I can find LF films (I'm interested in colour trannies in Readyloads and Quickloads format)?... Thank you

Ciao

Marco

LF films in Salt Lake

No particular reason that you need to let the limitations of your destination dictate your purchasing options. Have one of several reliable fully stocked discounter send your choice of film to where you are going to be in the quanity you want and call it good. If you are going to stay at a hotel, have the head clerk sign for the package when it arrives and they will have it waiting for you. You will know it will be fresh and ready to make quality images for you. You might consider having the film processed in SLC and then security radiation is a non-event.

Spend the majority of your trip planning energy researching places to shoot and have a great and productive time!

Cheers!.

LF films in Salt Lake

Hello Marco,

An excellent source for large format film in Salt Lake is Pictureline (www.pictureline.com). I live in Seattle, Washington and have had them ship film to me on several occasions, with excellent fast service and free shipping on orders over $100. It would be best to call them before you arrive to make sure they have what you want in stock. Their price on Velvia 4x5 Quickloads is competitive with the best discounted prices in the US.

Cheers,

LF films in Salt Lake

I'll add my vote for Pictureline - great prices, curteous and helpful staff (how many can say that about the larger NY outfits?), and they are right next door to a pro lab, in case you need a place to get your film processed.

Guy
    Scenic Wild Photography

LF films in Salt Lake

Thank you guys, thank you very much for your advices!! It seems that Pictureline is the way to go, I checked their website and the prices are really good...btw, I'll process the films in Las Vegas because my trip will end there: last year I found a pro lab in LV, Color Reflections ( http://www.colorreflections.com ), and I was very happy with it...

Ciao

Marco