Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LF groups

LF groups

MattO,

Don't skip going to Hurricane Ridge in the Port Angeles area for some great views of the mountains. Just get there as early in the morning as you can--the surrounding mountain peaks are to the south of the ridge, so by mid-morning the peaks are becoming backlit.

We like Rialto Beach and the other beaches along the more northern sections of the park. Also, the Makah Reservation at Neah Bay reportedly has opened a new trail to a superb beach. I haven't been there yet. From Lake Ozette in the national park, there are two trails to the beaches--but it means carrying your LF gear about 3 miles each way.

Keith

LF groups

I live in central Oregon and would be interested in any groups out in Oregon or for that matter in the pacific northwest. It would be fun to get together from time to time in an outdoor setting to talk shop and photograph. Keep me posted if any groups form. Thanks.

LF groups

Keith, I just read your post after I posted mine. I think that's a good idea. I'd be interested in both a general west coast group and/or a more local group to my area of Bend, Oregon. It's about a 3 1/2 hrs drive to Portland.

Jim Ewins

LF groups

I live on Queen Anne in Seattle and would act as a message distribution hub for a group if desired. Perhaps we could start out but posting a field trip and see who shows up. It would help to geographically locate those who have interest. I'll start by replying to those who have expressed interest in this thread. Jim

LF groups

This is exciting... I hope something comes out of this!!

LF groups

Annie, have you ever been to Carmannah Valley? I was there on my 29th birthday and it was heaven. That is my favorite spot for rainforest.

LF groups

Edward,

Yes, the Carmannah is truly a special place. Spent a few years in Halifax too.... when nscad was the place to be on the planet if you wanted to be a painter... the Maritimes are magic!

As for the LF group it would be great to photograph in a new place and exchange ideas... A bonus for me if anyone happens to be involved in platinum printing.

Cheers Annie

LF groups

I'd be interested, since I live in Seattle as well (Capitol Hill/First Hill). I'd also like to know if anyone in the area is ding digital black and white prints from 4x5 negatives. I'd love to see some of this work first hand.

LF groups

For the past couple of years I've been doing all of my photography in the Fraser Canyon/Thompson Valley area. Lots of neat ground there. I'm going to Kamloops this weekend to explore the Palasades along the Thompson. Really neat place!

LF groups

Hi all, I have been reading all the posts for the midwest and west for LF groups but I have not seen anything for the south. I'm in central Alabama and would like to do the same thing here. Anyone interested??