Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ESC4P Fundraising Campaign on Indiegogo

Re: ESC4P Fundraising Campaign on Indiegogo

In case you're curious about ESC4P's Youth Program (starting summer 2014), more information about that program is posted below. OT, I'll be in Lone Pine Thursday-Saturday of this week if anyone would like to meetup for coffee or photography.
    ---

Youth Program (ESC4P)

The Eastern Sierra Center for Photography is dedicated to serving local youth by providing workshops in the use of the large format camera in conjunction with teaching awareness of the environment and contemporary issues.

Our workshops are designed for the middle and high school student and will couple photography with lessons that build on ideas and concepts taught during the school year. It is our belief that combining creativity with information results in stronger art and deeper knowledge.

The Owens Valley is home to not only incredible landscapes but important cultural, environmental, and political challenges.

Students will work with local leaders and experts to learn more about the issues facing the people of Owens Valley. This will include learning about hydrology and local water issues; traveling to parks and preserves in the area and gaining insight into their history and future; explore the spots where many Westerns were filmed; and stand in the tripod locations of such greats as Edward Weston and Ansel Adams.

Students will make pinhole cameras as well as have the opportunity to use 4×5 cameras. We will use a variety of techniques chosen for their immediacy such as peel-apart films and direct positive paper. Our goal is to provide both intellectual and physical fodder for artistic expression. Workshops will conclude with a student presentation and show of their work.

Perhaps, I am among a small group introduced to photography as a child. The events and people surrounding me in my early, and teen years, sent me down the path of a life in photography. I can look back on six decades of passion and purpose that have not dimmed. An awareness of this beginning, has made me responsive to requests for sharing what I have learned and accomplished as a photographer. From local schools, to inner-city schools that I have never visited, my pleasure has been to share and help when possible. The response has been gratifying, and whether photography becomes a life work is not important; the importance is in the introduction to photography, and the lessons learned that may be relevant in a career of a different path.

This is why a program such as the Youth Program is important, and worthy of support from those who have had their lives enriched by photography.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Well said Merg. Same reasons for me. If I can help someone find their path that would be great.

A bump to put this back in front of people. If you have the means please consider helping out this worthy cause.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Donating money is a good thing but also volunteer your time and expertise as well. I asked the APUG founder to help spread the word as well and guess what??? No help!! I mean it is a non profit after all. Erik, thanks for the reminder to keep this going.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Larsen View Post
    A bump to put this back in front of people. If you have the means please consider helping out this worthy cause.
    A bump indeed; where are the updates from Laura?

Sounds great Laura. I am sur that your goals will be met.

How may an artist apply for a residency? What criteria will be used for selection? How will artists be selected?
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Any word on ESC4P ? Or information from Laura ?

It's been very quiet after the fundraising campaign ended.
    I know just enough to be dangerous !