Thread: Looking for a replacement part for a Kodak Master View 8.10 (broken bolt)

Looking for a replacement part for a Kodak Master View 8.10 (broken bolt)

Hi there,

First post, and I'm asking for favours (sorry). I'm trying to find a replacement part for a Kodak Master View camera. It has a broken bolt on one of the support rails seen in these 2 photos:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kodak1_s.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	94867

Name:	kodak2_s.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	94868

I realize that an exact replacement would be too much to ask for, but does anyone know where I might find something close?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Looking for a replacement part for a Kodak Master View 8.10 (broken bolt)

Anyone with a lathe and mill could make that part pretty easily if you took them the proper chunk of brass or whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by graham_in_ottawa View Post
    Hi there,

First post, and I'm asking for favours (sorry). I'm trying to find a replacement part for a Kodak Master View camera. It has a broken bolt on one of the support rails seen in these 2 photos:

Name:	kodak1_s.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	94867

Name:	kodak2_s.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	94868

I realize that an exact replacement would be too much to ask for, but does anyone know where I might find something close?

Thanks in advance!
    Well, the trouble is, that's a part specific to that camera. If you have a machine shop in the area, a copy could be made (from brass if you want the new one to break).
    Another option would be to remove the broken part, drill off the stump from the back (mounting surface) of the flange, chamfer the hole, and braze in a flathead 1/4-20 steel screw. Grind the head flush and trim to length, put it back on the camera.
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Well, the trouble is, that's a part specific to that camera. If you have a machine shop in the area, a copy could be made (from brass if you want the new one to break).
    Another option would be to remove the broken part, drill off the stump from the back (mounting surface) of the flange, chamfer the hole, and braze in a flathead 1/4-20 steel screw. Grind the head flush and trim to length, put it back on the camera.
    I'm pretty sure I can do all of this. Not much to lose with a part that's broken anyways. Thanks for the idea!

Knurled Head Brass Low Head Thumb Screw: ( http://www.mcmaster.com/#thumb-screw-fasteners/=mpmhh3 ) Shave it down to make the head a little thinner a little and add some holes.

Name:	T65764962.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	94903