Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Adobe is going to only sell subscription based Photoshop

Re: Adobe is going to only sell subscription based Photoshop

That petition will not fly because its language is unsupportable innuendo.

I'm not signing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    That petition will not fly because its language is unsupportable innuendo.
    Tin Can

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulr View Post
    Here's a petition with a different angle:
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...ption/TfWzqjHQ

I don't pretend to understand antitrust laws, but this doesn't sound completey beyond reason.
    99,915 bottles of beer on the wall
    99,915 bottles of beer
    We ... decided to drink coffee instead.
    99,915 bottles of beer on the wall
    99,915 bottles of beer...

If Microsoft can skate on an antitrust suit, then don't expect anything to happen to Adobe, even if the petition received one beelion signatures. There are simply too many alternatives to using it. No, you don't get what you want, but there are alternatives to using it. Maybe this will spur people to go with alternatives, which will then be beefed up to offer the lacking features.
    "It's the way to educate your eyes. Stare. Pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." - Walker Evans

Adobe is watching.

Got this 15 minutes ago.

Adobe’s records indicate that you are one of the early members of Adobe’s Creative Cloud or have subscribed to a CS6 individual product or service. We are keen on hearing from you to help us improve our offering and to understand what you’d like to see from Adobe in the coming months.

The survey should take about 5-10 minutes to complete.

In appreciation of your time, your name will be placed into a drawing* for a chance to win one of the following:

One Apple iPad (16gb with Wi-Fi – valued at $499)
    One $250 gift card from Amazon.com
    One of five $100 gift cards from Amazon.com
    To begin the survey, please click HERE

If you feel you are not the correct person to take the survey because you aren’t knowledgeable about the Creative Cloud, individual product subscription or service purchase or use, please click HERE.

If you have any questions or problems with this survey, please click HERE to contact us.

To validate the authenticity of this Adobe survey, please visit the following link on the Adobe website: http://www.adobe.com/limited/survey/1050101131.html

Your responses will remain completely confidential - they will be combined with responses from others who complete this survey and the results will be reported in aggregate form only.

We thank you in advance for sharing your highly valued input with us.

The Adobe Global Market Research Team
    Tin Can

Wow you must rate. I haven't gotten that survey......
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

There is a place for comments and I told them my friends, meaning you guys, are very upset.

They also want to know what you owned prior, so they NOW they know.

One question was how often did you upgrade.

I guess it is a secure survey, but seems to me Adobe ought to know what I own.

Somehow, years ago, they lost or forgot all my Adobe purchases prior to CS2, which went back to 1997. I was pissed about that some time ago...

They must be listening, I bet they lurk right here.

I was on one forum, where any negative comment about Adorama was immediately addressed by Adorama's Helen! She always fixed everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    Wow you must rate. I haven't gotten that survey......
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Adobe is watching.

Got this 15 minutes ago.

Adobe’s records indicate that you are one of the early members of Adobe’s Creative Cloud or have subscribed to a CS6 individual product or service. We are keen on hearing from you to help us improve our offering and to understand what you’d like to see from Adobe in the coming months.
    These questionnaires are randomly sprung on you if you don't un-check some option during registration. They probably end up at some third party consultant and get mangled into customer satisfaction graphs shown in boardroom meetings, without anybody at Adobe ever reading any detail you write there - I never won any of the prizes, they did not implement any of my change proposals, and did not revoke my licenses in retribution for insolent comments either (even though I certainly was not nice when they broke all and any Audition backward file compatibility, and damaged the license server that would have permitted reinstalling a older version)...

I know, we never win, regardless, why not fill it out.

I don't buy lotto tickets either and have never won a handout in my life, see my 'School of Hard Knocks'

Quote Originally Posted by Sevo View Post
    These questionnaires are randomly sprung on you if you don't un-check some option during registration. They probably end up at some third party consultant and get mangled into customer satisfaction graphs shown in boardroom meetings, without anybody at Adobe ever reading any detail you write there - I never won any of the prizes, they did not implement any of my change proposals, and did not revoke my licenses in retribution for insolent comments either (even though I certainly was not nice when they broke all and any Audition backward file compatibility, and damaged the license server that would have permitted reinstalling a older version)...
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I was on one forum, where any negative comment about Adorama was immediately addressed by Adorama's Helen! She always fixed everything.
    Yes, it's almost scary how corporations will actually hire people to keep tabs on forums and message boards. Even small businesses - usually the owners - keep tabs. I once gave a negative review of a small niche product on a pro audio forum, and 3 months later I got a weird call - it was the owner of the company from IRELAND calling me to take me to task about my opinions on his product! I've also seen the same as above, with many big retail outlets having customer service reps combing forums for complaints and to fix them. Good on them to do that too.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Yes, it's almost scary how corporations will actually hire people to keep tabs on forums and message boards. Even small businesses - usually the owners - keep tabs. I once gave a negative review of a small niche product on a pro audio forum, and 3 months later I got a weird call - it was the owner of the company from IRELAND calling me to take me to task about my opinions on his product!
    Reminds me of the creepy advertisements from those companies you can hire to go out and "fix" your business's reputation on the 'net: "Combat bad reviews with true information controlled by you." Ummmmm.

Anyway, how 'bout that Adobe? Buncha wankers.
    SINAR F+ 4x5 wearing a Fujinon 150/5.6 W