Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For sale feedback treads

For sale feedback treads

Please can all theese new feedback threads for sale transactions be excluded from new posts. I dont want to know who has been done by who. When I do need to check someone out I know where to find then. They are spoiling the few minutes I get to look at real LF posts. I hope there are many people who feel the same way.

David

Lachlan 717

Re: For sale feedback treads

+1.
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

Good suggestion. We'll work on that.

Thanks.

David

Like.

(Typed out since the forum engineers have not, quite yet, introduced a convenient “like” button to click.)

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by mdm View Post
    I hope there are many people who feel the same way.
    x2

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdm View Post
    Please can all theese new feedback threads for sale transactions be excluded from new posts. I dont want to know who has been done by who. When I do need to check someone out I know where to find then. They are spoiling the few minutes I get to look at real LF posts. I hope there are many people who feel the same way.

David
    The "Unified View" button uses the following link:
    http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/search.php?do=getdaily&days=30&exclude=27,17,16

You can do a custom exclusion search by adding the number for the new forum like so:
    http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/search.php?do=getdaily&days=30&exclude=27,17,16,32
    "It's the way to educate your eyes. Stare. Pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." - Walker Evans

Thanks. Thats good to know.

David

Related but not really. I think the For Sale forum needs to be locked down even further. For example: this guy - flash-gordon has been a member since 1 August 2012. The only posts he's made is in the For Sale forum. I really believe that there should be a minimum number of posts as well as the 30 day requirement. People should have some history before being able to buy/sell stuff. I swear it's only asking for trouble, particularly when he's selling 13000 euros worth of camera.

Quote Originally Posted by welly View Post
    Related but not really. I think the For Sale forum needs to be locked down even further. For example: this guy - flash-gordon has been a member since 1 August 2012. The only posts he's made is in the For Sale forum. I really believe that there should be a minimum number of posts as well as the 30 day requirement. People should have some history before being able to buy/sell stuff. I swear it's only asking for trouble, particularly when he's selling 13000 euros worth of camera.
    Trying to sell 13000 euros worth of camera...

It may be that his lack of participation makes him a relative unknown and that may greatly influence his ability to sell his stuff, and thus self limiting..

Certainly I would be cautious in dropping that amount of money without either knowing the individual or some way of managing the risk.

I do not know that number of posts will assist that much. After all one could just build their post count by "Like" or "+1", with little effort or insight into the individual.

As part of my professional practice I deal with performance measures a lot. I am a great believer in performance measures, and a great cynic of them...

My thoughts...