Thread: Docter Wetzlar APO Germinar 240mm F9 Filter thread question

Docter Wetzlar APO Germinar 240mm F9 Filter thread question

I have bought a 240mm F9 APO Germinar lens marked Docter Wetzlar. It is not the W version. Done the internet searches and the filter thread is not that indicated in the reference articles on these lenses (says it should be 40.5mm). It is in a copal 1, has a 37mm push cap. Internal measurement to the threads is between 35 & 36mm, to the internal edge of the barrel (excluding the thread) is 36mm. I speculate that the stepping ring I need is 35.5mm - anyone help ?

Thanks

Dave

Big Bend

Re: Docter Wetzlar APO Germinar 240mm F9 Filter thread question

well I can't find any reference of a 240/9 with 35.5 filter threads, however, 35.5mm is a spec for filter thread on the 150/9-W, and the 105/4.5 tessar.
    I would tend to trust your measurement in this case.

Thanks Joe, I can t find any reference either. It was from Mr Cad originally from when the factory closed down.

Do or do not. There is no try.

You might ask Arne Croell if he knows anything about it. You can send him a PM through the forum. He's a member and occasionally posts here, but I don't know how often he visits so he might not see your question for some time.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention - the 40.5mm in my tables came from the original Docter leaflets, but I have one myself which I just checked. It is 35.5mm, same as yours, and the cap is 37mm. Apparently a typo or copy/paste problem in the Docter literature, and my fault that I never checked the lens itself - I only checked the weight numbers when I got it. I'll correct it in the table on my web site.

Arne Croell

Thanks Arne, slightly relieved as I was worried about the differences esp as it looked the same as the picture in your paper.