Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is HC-110 no more?

Is HC-110 no more?

I haven’t been keeping up with the Kodak news. Can’t find it anywhere, has Kodak stop making HC-110? Is Kodak planning a come back on HC-110, if so when? If not, what is a good developer replacement ? Should I use Ilford Ilfotec HC or some other? I shoot T-max 100, 400 and Try-x sheet films. I’ve used HC-110 for years and like the results. What are your thoughts for a substitution?

Drew Wiley

Re: Is HC-110 no more?

I sure haven't had any trouble getting it in this part of the world. And there are alleged direct substitutes, like the one
    Freestyle sells, though I haven't had any reason to try them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Tierney View Post
    I haven’t been keeping up with the Kodak news. Can’t find it anywhere, has Kodak stop making HC-110? Is Kodak planning a come back on HC-110, if so when? If not, what is a good developer replacement ? Should I use Ilford Ilfotec HC or some other? I shoot T-max 100, 400 and Try-x sheet films. I’ve used HC-110 for years and like the results. What are your thoughts for a substitution?
    I think it has been discontinued I tried to buy some about a month ago and could not find any available to purchase. I wanted to try it HC-110 because it comes in a liquid concentrate but i guess I will stick with the X-Tol ive been using
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

Adorama and B&H list it as "discontinued", "no longer available".

HC-110, and its replenisher, are still listed on Kodak's site. But then they also have a 2003 tech sheet for Microdol-X up, and that's been discontinued for a few years, hasn't it? Perhaps our big NYC retailers aren't interested in shipping liquids anymore.

Do or do not. There is no try.

There was a lengthy thread on this over on APUG. Apparently Kodak discontinued the small bottle we're all familiar with here in the US, and introduced a larger bottle under a different SKU number. You can get it from Freestyle.

Drew Wiley

Yeah, just a packaging and shipping thing. Even the local camera store carries it here.

SF Bay Area 94303

If you are worried about it, buy a LARGE bottle. It keeps several decades. K

My local brick and mortar store (Henry's on Queen St), doesn't stock the pint (473ml) bottles anymore, only the quart (946ml). Supply of anything darkroom or film related is getting spotty over there, so I've decided to switch to XTOL because if I have to I can order it (or Eco-Pro), from B&H or Freestyle.

I see Freestyle has it in a large 16L bottle, maybe. I’ve tried B&H and Amazon; they do not have it. It looks like I may will need to change my developers, which means more developing tests. I do not shoot a lot of film all at once which makes HC-110 convenient. I’ve never used XTOL due to that I would have to mix 5 liters at a time. To all you masters of the darkroom: what’s the shelf life after mixing XTOL and has anyone used Ilford Ilfotec HC? Thanks